Odyssey not visiting Israel

We are on the Holy Lands cruise, and we’re supposed to stop in Haifa(Acre) and Ashdod (Jerusalem) in a few days. The captain just announced (paraphrasing here) about half a hour ago, that we will not visit Israel due to the geopolitical situation, decision taken together with security experts and in view of the safety of passengers, staff and ship. I am sure there are disappointed passengers onboard, but I at least would not have felt safe there right now.

Instead we are getting to go to Bodrum in Turkey and Limassol on Cyprus

RCI excursions will be refunded to onboard account, and New excursions will appear in app tomorrow.

I was on Rhapsody of the Seas that departed from Haifa, first stop Limassol, second stop would have been Rhodes, but that got cancelled, so we got a sea day instead and some onboard credit. Then Santorini, and the idea was to head back with a sea day to Haifa. The day we arrived in Santorini, the news broke out in the morning and after dinner the international guests were asked to proceed to guest services, as they could disembark in Santorini given the situation. I am typing this from a hotel room in Santorini as we speak. They arranged for tenders and busses and hotel rooms for those who had not booked a hotel yet.