New to cruising.... Does the genie need to be tipped in cash or can you put it on a credit card?

EnTulsa

8 hours ago, Jax said:

Either cash tips or you can charge to your onboard account. I have done both.  If you choose to charge to your onboard account there is a form you will need to complete that can be found at guest services or through your genie.  

^^^This^^^

They most definitely do not get a cut of automatic gratuities.

11 hours ago, SweetPea said:

If you charge any to your account, maybe you let your Genie know as I'm not 100% certain they will know who it comes from otherwise. 

Word from crew members is that if you tip them through your onboard account, they don't know where it comes from. They know it's a tip but they cannot see on their end from which guest it is from.

• 2 months later...

Star class question regarding Complimentary Gratuities:

Δ Complimentary Gratuities benefit applies only to onboard staff who provide standard dining and culinary services, stateroom and general housekeeping services. Star guests may tip their Royal Genie and Concierge separately, at their own discretion.

What overlap is there between the Royal Genie and the (Suite) Concierge?  I thought Genie was the concierge for Star Class suites?