Set sail passes

Arthea Reno

Quick question… I run a FB page for a sailing group. I had a member point out to me that in our cruise documents it states that we have to have our set sail passes actually printed out to board and if we don’t their will be additional paperwork required at the terminal. I did check and the document does indeed state that. However, most of the people in my group and on many other groups, including myself, just use the digital on our phones. I think the digital one is all that we need, am I correct? Just triple checking for my group members. The wording on the document needs to be updated to reflect that a digital copy will also be accepted as well. I am pretty sure I am correct. Thanks for any and all help. 

A. Reno

1 hour ago, Arthea Reno said:

Quick question… I run a FB page for a sailing group. I had a member point out to me that in our cruise documents it states that we have to have our set sail passes actually printed out to board and if we don’t their will be additional paperwork required at the terminal. I did check and the document does indeed state that. However, most of the people in my group and on many other groups, including myself, just use the digital on our phones. I think the digital one is all that we need, am I correct? Just triple checking for my group members. The wording on the document needs to be updated to reflect that a digital copy will also be accepted as well. I am pretty sure I am correct. Thanks for any and all help. 

A. Reno

This is definitely a case of no one (including Royal's employees) reading (and updating) all the fine print.  You don't even HAVE to do any form of check-in.  As long as you paid for the cruise, you can just show up at the port (with appropriate identification like passport or driver's license with birth certificate).  Sure, it will take longer (potentially a LOT longer) and you'll probably have to talk to multiple port employees who have no idea how to handle you, but it CAN be done.

But yes, digital is perfectly acceptable.  Though I've heard the recommendation to screenshot your set sail pass (or print a backup).  If the terminal wi-fi or your cell service has issues, you might not be able to pull up the set sail pass!

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Boarding day today on Grandeur and we haven’t been able to bring up the health questionnaire on the app.  Guess we’ll just have to wait til we get there.  So annoying !

We were on the Grandeur last month and had a great cruise.  Hope you have a great time.  Fred the headwaiter is the best.

Bill

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Thanks, everyone  We made it.  Drove from Port Everglades (Adventure) to Tampa (Grandeur).  Got off AD at 7:15 and boarded GR around noon.  Breakfast and gas stop along the way.  Wouldn’t recommend this kind of S2S but we made it work !

I think that's a C2C, coast to coast

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Thanks, everyone  We made it.  Drove from Port Everglades (Adventure) to Tampa (Grandeur).  Got off AD at 7:15 and boarded GR around noon.  Breakfast and gas stop along the way.  Wouldn’t recommend this kind of S2S but we made it work !

I did an S2S on Indy from Canaveral and Liberty at Everglades, very similar to yours.

I had a scare when I got a dead battery upon debarkation at Canaveral. I had to wait for Port Security to jumpstart my van and have my battery replaced at a nearby Sam’s Club.  I got to Everglades at around 3pm just in time for a very late embarkation.  

I think I’ll join you in not recommending this kind of S2S lol