Lost beverage package

Dboo

Help - Royal Carribean Failure

I booked and paid for drinks packages for my family through a cruise agent. For some unknown reason when booking was transferred to RC, the packages were not transferred at RC’s end. No RC is refusing to add the packages  to my booking even though I paid for them months ago. Instead, I must now subscribe for the packages onboard the cruise at increased costs to me.

Edited by SpeedNoodles
changed title to actual subject

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to Lost beverage package

Sounds like an issue on your travel agent's end. To be clear, you booked and paid for the packages through the travel agent? Why are they not working this with Royal? And in the future, I highly recommend letting your travel agent manage the cruise itself, but all other purchases and excursions through the cruise planner. 

Trying to follow. A travel agent booked the drink package on RC directly for you? Usually you get a confirmation number from Royal about the purchase which your TA should have given you. I would expect if you logged into Royal you would be able to see it in your purchase history. With the confirmation number it would be pretty easy for RCL to address.

Or you bought some cruise package that was suppose to include drinks? Seems to be more something with you TA, in either case they should be the ones dealing with it

Bottom line...  That's why I do it all myself.  If there's a snafu with a TA involved,  there are so many fingers pointed in so many directions, while nothing gets fixed.  Now, if it gets messed up, I can only point a finger at Royal or at myself.  That's a lot of incentive for me to do it right and get confirmations. 😎

Now this doesn't help the OP's dilemma.  If the travel agent wont fix it, and Royal wont help, you're kind've out of choices other than to buy the package again at the market rate, and get a refund from the TA and/or otherwise dispute the charge with the credit card company. 

55 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

So you booked through a TA, then the TA transferred the booking back to RC?

I think in this case the poster doesn't realize that the word transfer has an important meaning that we recognize and they do not.  I interpret their post as they asked the TA to book a cruise and a drinks package and when the TA did this they either forgot the drink package or due to some error it did not get purchased on Royal's end.  It seems like the TA should refund the poster for the drinks package and the poster should then purchase it direct from Royal.  Of course, there's probably a difference in price that the poster will have to eat.

A reputable travel agent doesn't transfer a booking to a cruise line, they make the booking in the cruise line reservation system.  

It sounds like you got scammed by your agent.  I'd call your credit card company and dispute the charge if your travel agent isn't responding.