Crown and anchor

icf75

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Usually afterwards. The exception is if you reach pinnacle during your cruise.

Once in a while you may hear a report of a new Pinnacle getting something on their 700 cruise but most have to wait until the next cruise.

They will recognize a new Pinnacle and take a picture with the captain but the benefits of reaching the next level don't occur until the next cruise after reaching 700.  

Don't get me wrong, the photo and recognition are nice, but it's the benefits of the level that matter.  

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

Once in a while you may hear a report of a new Pinnacle getting something on their 700 cruise but most have to wait until the next cruise.

They will recognize a new Pinnacle and take a picture with the captain but the benefits of reaching the next level don't occur until the next cruise after reaching 700.  

Don't get me wrong, the photo and recognition are nice, but it's the benefits of the level that matter.  

Ah, right. I've seen new pinnacles being recognised at the top tier events and just kind of assumed that the perks would come along with the recognition. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

I have heard about people having trouble getting credit on B2B cruises.  They have to go out of their way to get credit for the first cruise applied so they would have the next tear for the second cruise.

I'm not sure "trouble" accurately describes it.  

Points take 6 to 10 days after a cruise to post to your CAS account.  That is well known.  There is a process to deal with additional sailings that occur in the case of a B2B or S2S when a level up to a new CAS tier would be properly earned for a close in 2nd or 3rd sailing but it's a manual process that requires talking with a loyalty ambassador on the ship.  

Generally speaking the loyalty ambassador will research your previous cruise claim to validate you did just sail and they will manually update your level for the next cruise.  It's not that there is a problem or trouble occuring, it's just that points take 6 - 10 days to post.  

In the case of a B2B it's the same ship so it's easily verified by the loyalty ambassador.

In the case of a S2S, a side-to-side involving different ships, or if there is a small gap in between cruises, the loyalty ambassador may need a day or two to contact corporate to validate your claim of having just sailed on a different ship.  Once that is accomplished they will generally place a sticker on your seapass card with your next level and they manually update the ship's system so you get the benefits of the new level.  

In my case my transition from Emerald to Diamond occurred during a B2B on Anthem.  After cruise #1 I would have enough points to earn Diamond.  Since the points wouldn't post until days after I debark the ship I wouldn't officially have Diamond status for the second cruise of the B2B without manual intervention.  After my first cruise of the B2B the loyalty ambassador on Anthem manually adjusted me to Diamond status for the second cruise of the B2B.  In that case he replaced my seapass with a new one to reflect my new status and that new card unlocked the Diamond Lounge door on the second cruise.  For the entirety of cruise #1 I was Emerald.  

As it turns out my points for both Anthem cruise #1 and Anthem cruise #2 didn't post until 8 days after I debarked from Anthem cruise #2.  However I had a 3rd cruise booked the following week.  I was boarding Indy 7 days after Anthem cruise #2.  My Anthem points had not yet posted on boarding day for Indy and the system still officially had me as Emerald at that point.

Upon boarding Indy I visited the loyalty ambassador.  The Indy LA sent an email to corporate to validate my claim that I had just completed two Anthem cruises.  He asked that I come back on day two.  On day two once he had heard back from corporate and they validated my claim.  He placed a sticker on my seapass card to indicate I was Diamond for that cruise.  He also gave me a blank "extra key" card that would open the Diamond Lounge door. 

On the left my new Diamond seapass card from Anthem cruise #2, on the right my Indy Emerald card with a sticker to reflect Diamond status and an extra card to open the DL.  

image.jpeg.4c58a45a52e6e5b30a3f17bfeb780cab.jpeg

How each ship handles the seapass card is different.  Anthem replaced my card, Indy provided a second card just to access the Diamond Lounge.  

None of it was trouble, it's just how it is handled in a situation where additional cruises begin before the points from previous cruises have posted on their own.

8 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

I have heard about people having trouble getting credit on B2B cruises.  They have to go out of their way to get credit for the first cruise applied so they would have the next tear for the second cruise.

We were able to get the credit for perks when Diamond was reached, but Sea Pass cards were never properly activated to access the DL.

5 hours ago, twangster said:

I'm not sure "trouble" accurately describes it.  

In my case my transition from Emerald to Diamond occurred during a B2B on Anthem.  After cruise #1 I would have enough points to earn Diamond.  .  I was boarding Indy 7 days after Anthem cruise #2.  My Anthem points had not yet posted on boarding day for Indy and the system still officially had me as Emerald at that point.

None of it was trouble, it's just how it is handled in a situation where additional cruises begin before the points from previous cruises have posted on their own.

@twangster VERY glad to hear this process is not as complicated as I’ve heard people discuss. My Wife and I will both hit Diamond within 3 nights after completing an Alaska trip on Quantum next week. Since we have a trip on Wonder scheduled for mid October we wanted to get our status up prior to that sailing.

Our fortunes aligned we she received a comp offer for a 4 nighter on Navigator but it put us off on 10/13 to board Wonder on 10/15. Speculation that we STILL might miss out on Diamond Status due to the timing lag of points credits we decided to add another 3NT comp to the front of our Navigator sailing and do a B2B where we earn Diamond during the first sailing and then enjoy it during our second sailing. I planned to discuss it all with the LA during the first sailing to make the transition smoother. Sounds like we might still have a bump in the road to get over when boarding Wonder but easily manageable. 

THANKS to all here for sharing your wisdom, insights, and experiences to help us navigate this system a little easier!!

My experience was similar to @twangster I was doing a S2S2S. I got on Indy as Platinum, but it was double points in a suite, so when I got on Harmony, I was emerald but star class, so it didn't matter. I was able to go to the Loyalty ambassador on Mariner the first day and get a new card that displayed my Diamond status. It took all of 10mins and I had a lovely chat with a crew member. My new card worked to access the lounge and I got to enjoy my daily vouchers.