Dumb "bringing bottles onboard" questions

After 22 Royal Caribbean cruises, I should know this...but I don't.

I've never brought a botte of anything onboard with me at embarkation.  I'm Diamond Plus, so they give us five free drinks a day each, they send a free bottle of wine to our cabin and they stock the cabin with several free bottles of water (used to incude Coke as well, but they stopped that)...so it's never really been an issue...

BUT...say I was going to bring on a couple of bottles of wine...or some extra water bottles (my wife abhors tap water)...

The question is...How does one bring it on?  Can you pack it in your luggage (or does that trigger something where they tag your luggage and send it to the naughty room...because it may be a tequila bottle shaped like a wine bottle...) and check it?  Or do you have to carry it on with you?  Is it different for plastic water bottles as opposed to wine bottles?  You can bring on two bottles of wine, right?  Is that per person or per cabin?  Does it have to be ordinary red or white or rose wine...or are dessert wines okay?  Cognac?  Brandy?

Thanks...

You're good to go with a couple bottles (1 each adult) of regular strength wine or champagne but cognac, brandy or other high test is verbotten. You are allowed to bring on I believe 12 units of soda in 16.9 oz bottles. Possible that number is per person but I don't honestly know.  These items are to be carried in carry on bags.  A 12 pack of soda and couple bottles can and does get heavy. 

1 hour ago, Psycho and Barb said:

This is what we bought from Amazon...Holds them securely and easy to carry on.  

Wine Tote.jpg

Of course, if I wanted to carry on two bottles, I have a bag that's WAY more appropriate:

image.png.a4b49625cd9c74a4a6c9c3ce79e345d3.pngimage.png.bbace32a05d69380077e3a277bcfad13.pngimage.png.85552469d80afce897ce636935624a98.png

And, you know, I've had a couple of these for years and never used them to bring wine to a cruise!

My question is a little bit different….

I plan on bringing aboard a bottle of Tropical Oasis liquid vitamins. It’s 32 ounces (a one month supply) and is not sealed. They don’t sell the one I use in a smaller bottle that I could bring sealed. I’m guessing it will be examined by security so I’ll carry it separately and present it during screening. Hopefully it’s considered the same as liquid medicine in original bottles and it won’t be denied because it’s not sealed. It would be a waste of money for me to purchase a new bottle every three weeks just to get it through port security…but if that’s what I gotta do…oh, well.

The port is Port Liberty.

I brought a quart of maple syrup through security in Cape Liberty.  The screener asked about it and I showed him the bottle.  I didn’t have to remove the cover to let him verify either the seal or contents. 

For those who are wondering about why we brought it, it was a gift for friends who live in Miami. They met us at the port when Anthem stopped there and we spent the day with them. 

I brought a jar of home-canned bread & butter pickles 16 oz) through Port Liberty as part of a "Maryland " gift for friends who now live in Puerto Rico. It did not cause any issues, and if I remember correctly,  I packed it in my checked suitcase.  I've also brought on smaller bottles of elderberry syrup (12 oz?) in my carry on without question.