RCCL CIO

This is merely an FYI...

I was at a Technical conference this week in Vegas and happen to meet the CIO for RCCL, Mike Giresi (Only been CIO for 18-24 month), only had a few seconds with him, expressed some of the overall concerns that have been voiced on  this forum, and he seemed genuinely concerned, he said he has a priority list he was working on, seems like ship board automation and the new APP are highest, but he has the web site on his list and that he was working on it.

3 hours ago, tiny260 said:

This is merely an FYI...

I was at a Technical conference this week in Vegas and happen to meet the CIO for RCCL, Mike Giresi (Only been CIO for 18-24 month), only had a few seconds with him, expressed some of the overall concerns that have been voiced on  this forum, and he seemed genuinely concerned, he said he has a priority list he was working on, seems like ship board automation and the new APP are highest, but he has the web site on his list and that he was working on it.

Based on the web site, I didn't think RCCL even employed somebody in that position! :10_wink:

On 7/1/2017 at 4:40 PM, FManke said:

Based on the web site, I didn't think RCCL even employed somebody in that position! :10_wink:

It's probably all outsourced. It likley works as 'specified', but not necessarily as they want. RCL asks how much to make a change...outsource company gives them a $ figure, it's not in the 'budget', nothing changes, repeat.

Yes, been there and done that and don't like it, have the t-shirt to prove it...

4 hours ago, Gears said:

It's probably all outsourced. It likley works as 'specified', but not necessarily as they want. RCL asks how much to make a change...outsource company gives them a $ figure, it's not in the 'budget', nothing changes, repeat.

1 hour ago, craig403 said:

To get to the familiar search box on website, click on "Plan a Cruise" then click on "Search by Destinations".  Scroll down and you will find the search box on the right hand side.  Not sure if this is a recent change or I had just overlooked it.   

Thanks for posting! I never saw that before either. Very useful.