SAFETY MUSTER 2hrs before checkin????

9 minutes ago, Solluna72 said:

Cruise in 2 days. Help!...My calendar says that the safety muster is 11 AM on departure day. However, my check in time for my wellness check is not until 1 PM… It says do not arrive before your check in time so… How do I attend the safety muster??? 

It BEGINS at 11am. You just need to complete it before the ship sets sail.

We always board early, usually go have lunch before certain venues get crowded, then make our way to muster sometime after that.

No rush, you'll have plenty of time.

We boarded today with an 11:00 a.m. boarding time. The RC app started dinging me at 8:00 a.m. today to do the safety muster. We completed what we could online, and then we went to the muster station as soon as we boarded to take care of the rest. Don't worry - you just need to complete it before the ship leaves the port.

Since the restart, we've checked in at our muster station when we board, that way it's all taken care of before we start doing anything else.

The muster check in is an ongoing process throughout the afternoon for all guests assigned to the muster station, not just a one time deal.

The muster consists of watching the video on the app, then going to the muster station to check in with the crew assigned there.  They will ask if you watched the video.  If you haven't, they will give a demonstration of donning the life jacket and go over a few other things.  If you have watched the video, they will ask if you have any questions.  Either way, you'll check in with the crew and be on your way quickly.

We were just on Liberty in May and a lot of the muster stations were right on deck 4 when we stepped onto the ship. Ours was immediately to our right when we stepped off the gangway, so we checked in and then proceeded into the ship to tour and grab something to eat. You can check where your muster station is on the app (if you have the safety icon). I would just check in once you get on the ship (especially if your station is on deck 4) and then you don't have to remember to go back before sail away. 

The safety check-in will open on the app at 8:00am on sailing day. Complete the two sections, make sure they state "Complete" and turn green and then you are ready to visit your muster station when are aboard. If you have multiple people that are linked you can do their check-in (I did not say that) for them but they need to check on their phones that they have both sections state "Complete". We have had multiple instances where my wife played my videos for me on her phone while I was driving but when I checked on my phone the horn signal was not showing "Complete". Listened to it on my phone and all was good.

13 hours ago, CrznTxn said:

The safety check-in will open on the app at 8:00am on sailing day. Complete the two sections, make sure they state "Complete" and turn green and then you are ready to visit your muster station when are aboard. If you have multiple people that are linked you can do their check-in (I did not say that) for them but they need to check on their phones that they have both sections state "Complete". We have had multiple instances where my wife played my videos for me on her phone while I was driving but when I checked on my phone the horn signal was not showing "Complete". Listened to it on my phone and all was good.

The other thing we do on extended family cruises (when there are 8 of us) is just have one person (me) swipe through all 8 set sail sail passes on their phone for the group (while they're in the vicinity, of course) for the crew member at the muster station.

On 7/16/2023 at 4:12 PM, USCG Teacher said:

Believe me when I tell you, they won't let you miss your muster check-in!  Relax, have a walk about and stop by while you're exploring the ship.

I 2nd that motion.

On our last cruise, there were a few "stragglers" the captain announced by name as holding up the ship leaving the port...needless to say, things were on their way within about 5 minutes.  No doubt those scoundrels were properly embarrassed when they approached their muster station. 🙂