we have never been to Coco cay. We need quite a bit of shade. and we need GF food

Hubby can not take much direct sunlight for long periods of time.  He burns in minutes.  

Also he is GF so will there be lots to eat?

I want to go sooooo bad.  He does too as long as he doesn't get burnt.  

Any advice?  

Thank you

There are tons of chairs with umbrellas and honestly a lot of trees/foliage as well, I couldn't imagine you will have trouble finding a shaded spot, although you may need to move to follow the sun.

There are several threads in the forum regarding GF foods, even at PDCC. This one in particular has some great info - 

There is lots of shade you can be in, so I do not see a problem with too much sun.  I have celiac and have no issues with the food on Coco Cay.  The taco bar has flour and corn tortillas.  And most everything to put on them is gluten free.   There are salads and fruit.  Corn on cob is also gluten free and burgers without bun.   Soft ice cream, as the cookies, etc will not be gluten free.  

I am a sunburner.  I only go from slightly pink to darker shakes of pink, never a tan.  I love CoCocay.  I find the loungers with umbrellas and the palm trees.  If I go in the water I wear my sun blocking shirt and large brim hat.  I also apply sunblock on my face, hands and legs.  I have a light weight men’s Columbia sun blocking button down long sleeve shirt I wear for the walk to and from the ship.  I’ve yet to get a sunburn at CoCocay-.  

I am also a shade loving GF cruisers.  Coco Cay has a dedicated fryer so he can have french fries.  They cook the burgers by themselves on a grill and plenty of fruit.  That is my go-to meal and they do offer a gf bun but I haven't ever tried it so can't vouch for it.  

There are umbrellas (free) at almost all of the loungers and our favorite area is to get on the island and go left.  You are right near the food area, restrooms and rows and rows of loungers.  Where you eat that area is shaded as well.  Be sure to grab a map as soon as you get to the island because you can walk all over or take the tram anywhere.

I love Coolibar clothing but if you have a Costco membership they have very reasonably priced men's long sleeve sun protection shirts.  I love the sun but it hates me so I cover up with a zip up jacket and even fingerless gloves because I hate sun tan lotion all over my hands.  Coco Cay is the best and we booked a 3 and 4 day cruise back-to-back just so we could visit there twice in a week.

1 hour ago, Montemy2419 said:

Coco Cay is the best and we booked a 3 and 4 day cruise back-to-back just so we could visit there twice in a week.

Did the same thing last July & had a great time.

I’m sure the OP is convinced by now but here’s another poster who burns easily & isn’t even a beach guy but loves sitting in the shade at CocoCay (in between repeated food runs).

In addition to the free loungers and umbrellas there are spending options too!  If you are traveling with a group of people you can rent a cabana on one of the beaches…most are priced at $1099 (at least they are that price in my cruise planner for our July cruise) and allow 8 people.  
We love South Beach…which is furthest from the ship but close to Snack Shack, Bar, and Restrooms.  The cabana allows for complete shade for anyone who needs that or sunning for those who like that and provides an attendant to bring food and drinks throughout the day.

If you don't mind spending some money, there are also beach day beds.  If you get it early enough you can get a good deal. I got mine for October for $199 they are now going for $299 which isn't too bad, either. You can have up to 4 people I think for that price. The beds have a solid roof and curtains on all sides that can be closed to create shade. As a fair-skinned redhead, I appreciate the ability to block out most of the sun when it's at its strongest.