When is cabin ready ?

PJC

Hello everyone 

Just a quick question - can anyone advise what time the cabins are usually ready by ? 
On our previous cruise it was 1pm - but I’ve just looked on the app for our forthcoming cruise & it says 2pm ? 
Not sure if to leave luggage with the porters or not - as last time we didn’t get our luggage until 8/9pm - so was considering keeping luggage with us, but that’s when I thought it was 1pm not 2pm - any advice ! 

They had 2:00 listed in the app and on the hallway doors for my March 14 cruise. The doors were open and rooms available at about 1:50. The luggage I had left with the porter was already in the hallway in batches (had not yet been distributed to right outside each room, but easy to find).

I did not have any issues with the once daily cleaning and actually preferred it. My stateroom attendant was cleaning in our hallway from 9 am to 5-6 pm daily, so he was always easy to find if needed. There was a card in my room with a QR code for additional requests & when I used it, he responded in less than 15 minutes, also bringing me his personal card.

1 hour ago, PJC said:

Hello everyone 

Just a quick question - can anyone advise what time the cabins are usually ready by ? 
On our previous cruise it was 1pm - but I’ve just looked on the app for our forthcoming cruise & it says 2pm ? 
Not sure if to leave luggage with the porters or not - as last time we didn’t get our luggage until 8/9pm - so was considering keeping luggage with us, but that’s when I thought it was 1pm not 2pm - any advice ! 

Regarding your late luggage delivery, it's highly likely your luggage was sitting near your cabin for hours.  It gets moved to the correct floor relatively quickly using crew elevators because there's no room to store in the crew areas where it gets loaded.  Once it's on your floor, the cabin stewards distribute it from the elevators to the cabins.  But it's pretty easy to walk down the hall and grab your own once you have access to the cabin.