MDR themes

Ahaque

When do you know what night is what theme in MDR? I want to book a couple of specialty restaurants and I want to do it when its certain themes in the MDR. Does the schedule of what theme is on what night come out before the cruise? 

Be aware that there is only one set of menus loaded into the app at a time for each ship. The menus that are showing for your sailing are actually the menus for the current sailing and may or may not be accurate for your sailing.

1 hour ago, ZBrady said:

Be aware that there is only one set of menus loaded into the app at a time for each ship. The menus that are showing for your sailing are actually the menus for the current sailing and may or may not be accurate for your sailing.

My trip isnt until Oct and so I will check back when we get sooner to the trip. It's my first cruise and I am super excited about it...

15 hours ago, Ahaque said:

When do you know what night is what theme in MDR? I want to book a couple of specialty restaurants and I want to do it when its certain themes in the MDR. Does the schedule of what theme is on what night come out before the cruise? 

I am on Voyager of the Seas right now. Here are the theme nights;

Day 1

Day 2-French - Formal

Day 3-Italian

Day 4-Caribbean

Day 5-Mexican

Day 6-Royal Night - Formal

Day 7-Welcome to Bon Voyage

4 hours ago, KellsBells71 said:

I am on Voyager of the Seas right now. Here are the theme nights;

Day 1

Day 2-French - Formal

Day 3-Italian

Day 4-Caribbean

Day 5-Mexican

Day 6-Royal Night - Formal

Day 7-Welcome to Bon Voyage

How is the food/ambiance on the ship?   We're sailing her in June and the only other ship I've been on is Grandeur.

I am sailing in 9 days and my menus still haven’t loaded in any section other than the specialty restaurants. I did the choose-another-sailing trick to preview their MDR menus but unfortunately with so few days left, the only sailing prior to mine isn’t as many days. Can anyone confirm if you always get Welcome Aboard on Night 1 and Bon Voyage on the last night no matter how many nights? 

57 minutes ago, DDaley said:

I am sailing in 9 days and my menus still haven’t loaded in any section other than the specialty restaurants. I did the choose-another-sailing trick to preview their MDR menus but unfortunately with so few days left, the only sailing prior to mine isn’t as many days. Can anyone confirm if you always get Welcome Aboard on Night 1 and Bon Voyage on the last night no matter how many nights? 

Yes...........Welcome aboard will be the first night if they have the new menu, you don't get Bon Voyage unless your sailing is 7N or more, which in your case it will be. 

On 3/8/2023 at 8:30 AM, TexanTwoStep said:

How is the food/ambiance on the ship?   We're sailing her in June and the only other ship I've been on is Grandeur.

We are finding the menu in the MDR to be very good. Tonight was Mexican. Had the Carne Asada which was awesome. We eat in the MDR at breakfast and dinner and enjoy it more!!

Nothing to do with MDR dinners, but I will acknowledge an absolutely awesome dish that I had on OA today.  We went to the MDR for brunch (9-12 on sea days) and I got a bowl of the cream of broccoli soup.  It’s the best thing I’ve eaten in a MDR ever !  Of course, I am partial to creamy soups to begin with (connoisseur of the mushroom soup, as most already know) but truly, the cream of broccoli was really good.  I wish I had ordered 2 bowls and skipped the seafood sandwich, which was “meh”.

Vision is currently doing a 10 night sailing and we are doing an 11 night sailing in April. Night 11 is only showing the kids menu. Last time I looked it was doing shorter sailings so was showing the same 4 theme nights repeated. Currently showing:

1 - Welcome Aboard

2 - French

3 - Italian

4 - UK

5 - Caribbean

6 - Mexican

7 - Aisian

8 - American (includes the baked potato soup)

9 - Royal (Lobster)

10 - Bon Voyage