Next cruise discount

19 minutes ago, Biaggio said:

On a 6 day cruise, what is the discount booking on the ship? I’m cruising in 4 days, found a January trip and cabin I want, but book it now or wait? From what I’ve been seeing, prime balcony cabins close to the elevators go fast. Thanks

For a balcony cabin it should be $100 (6-9 nights).

So I did learn something today...I was going to transfer my reservation to a travel agent. They said as long as the reservation is less than 30 days old,I could it. So...we paid a deposit on next cruise 2/5 but didn't pick an actual date and cruise until 2/24. So...when we attempted to make the switch, I got an email from royal informing me that they could not do it because I'm past my 30 days..the travel agent then confirmed that the date of reservation is considered the date of deposit..not the date you actually reserve the cruise itself. So..now I know

21 minutes ago, ScottD said:

So I did learn something today...I was going to transfer my reservation to a travel agent. They said as long as the reservation is less than 30 days old,I could it. So...we paid a deposit on next cruise 2/5 but didn't pick an actual date and cruise until 2/24. So...when we attempted to make the switch, I got an email from royal informing me that they could not do it because I'm past my 30 days..the travel agent then confirmed that the date of reservation is considered the date of deposit..not the date you actually reserve the cruise itself. So..now I know

How can that be more than 30 days?

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

How can that be more than 30 days?

Exactly. They claim that the deposit date is the start of the reservation... so 2/4 is the day they use. I tried the travel agent yesterday, so yesterday was literally 31 days. I just missed

2 hours ago, ScottD said:

Exactly. They claim that the deposit date is the start of the reservation... so 2/4 is the day they use. I tried the travel agent yesterday, so yesterday was literally 31 days. I just missed

Sorry to hear this, but similar thing happened to me.  Lesson learned and I don't use next cruise unless I can commit to a specific trip and attach my agent to it there.

10 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

The day you pay the deposit is when the reservation record is created, so no real surprise this is when the clock starts.

I guess... there is not date or actual cruise linked to the deposit, so I thought it would start when THAT was established.  The TA said since it was only a day or two, they are contacting Royal to see if they can still transfer it. I'm not really that worried about it, I'm a fan of booking on my own in the most part, but the wife really wanted to try a TA this time. (of course I'm being accused of dragging my feet JUST long enough that it didn't work out...lol) 

A Next Cruise future cruise certificate is a booking.  It is a booking that effectively allows you change the ship and sail date one time after is it created.    The booking number you receive when you make a Next Cruise future booking is the permanent booking number assigned to your cruise.  It appears in your list of future cruises with a sail date way into the future until you change the ship and sail date to the cruise of your choice.  

A Next Cruise future certificate can and should be transferred to your travel agent before it is changed to the ship and sail date of your choice.  That way your travel agent can make that change for you as part of the service they are providing.  

10 hours ago, twangster said:

A Next Cruise future cruise certificate is a booking.  It is a booking that effectively allows you change the ship and sail date one time after is it created.    The booking number you receive when you make a Next Cruise future booking is the permanent booking number assigned to your cruise.  It appears in your list of future cruises with a sail date way into the future until you change the ship and sail date to the cruise of your choice.  

A Next Cruise future certificate can and should be transferred to your travel agent before it is changed to the ship and sail date of your choice.  That way your travel agent can make that change for you as part of the service they are providing.  

I was always against a TA so I never even thought to do that. But the wife really wanted to try it this time. We did get an email yesterday that the agent was going to try to get RC to transfer it even though it was a few days past the limit...got the confirmation today that they did indeed transfer it to the travel agent today. So...I guess I'm using a travel agent for the rest of this booking! 

16 hours ago, ScottD said:

I was always against a TA so I never even thought to do that. But the wife really wanted to try it this time. We did get an email yesterday that the agent was going to try to get RC to transfer it even though it was a few days past the limit...got the confirmation today that they did indeed transfer it to the travel agent today. So...I guess I'm using a travel agent for the rest of this booking! 

I had booked 5 cruises without a TA and had the same mindset.  Rather do it myself.  On cruise 6 (Wonder), we are booking two rooms (5 people) as our adult kids are coming.  Figured I'd give the TA thing a shot.  For the 2 person room, MEI had a block of rooms i assume so the rate for a refundable pick your own was a couple hundred below a non refundable GTY booking direct.  They also had access to an interior room across the hall from what the wife and I wanted that wasn't showing up when I looked.

It's also in Oct 24, so having someone else watch for price drops is nice - although I don't expect any.