Sometimes it pays to stalk to RC site at odd hours...

nemrac917

So, I've been tentatively planning on Feb 2025 for our next family cruise.  I've been keeping an eye on what itineraries are available, which ones sounded interesting, and most importantly, pricing.  We're a family of 5, so our options are a bit more limited if we want to stay in one cabin.

Well, at work one night last week, I happened across a sailing that looked interesting, with an itinerary that none of us have been on before.  I went to check the price of a similar room that we had on our last cruise, and what do I see?  A 2BR Grand Suite for *less* than a standard balcony room? 🤔 What?!?

I refreshed the page and checked a few more times, and yup!  Same price every time.  So I sent a message to my TA and she put a hold on it while I talked to hubby.  We decided to go for it. 😎

Out of curiosity, I checked the prices tonight.  It's now listed at $11k+ for a family of 4!! 😲  

I still can't believe I snagged it for such an amazing price.

2 hours ago, nemrac917 said:

So I sent a message to my TA and she put a hold on it while I talked to hubby.  We decided to go for it. 

If I found that deal, I would jump all over it without any spousal discussion. 

Major husband points would be achieved when I let her know we moved to a suite for less money.

2 hours ago, nemrac917 said:

So, I've been tentatively planning on Feb 2025 for our next family cruise.  I've been keeping an eye on what itineraries are available, which ones sounded interesting, and most importantly, pricing.  We're a family of 5, so our options are a bit more limited if we want to stay in one cabin.

Well, at work one night last week, I happened across a sailing that looked interesting, with an itinerary that none of us have been on before.  I went to check the price of a similar room that we had on our last cruise, and what do I see?  A 2BR Grand Suite for *less* than a standard balcony room? 🤔 What?!?

I refreshed the page and checked a few more times, and yup!  Same price every time.  So I sent a message to my TA and she put a hold on it while I talked to hubby.  We decided to go for it. 😎

Out of curiosity, I checked the prices tonight.  It's now listed at $11k+ for a family of 4!! 😲  

I still can't believe I snagged it for such an amazing price.

Do you mind my asking which ship you booked this awesome deal on?  I am happy you were able to grab it and not have the price change while deciding!  ENJOY…

22 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Do you mind my asking which ship you booked this awesome deal on?  I am happy you were able to grab it and not have the price change while deciding!  ENJOY…

It's probably Navigator. It looks like they let the famous intern load the prices for those sailings as there was a lot of buzz about it over on CC last week. They've fixed it in the meantime. Let's see if they honour the pricing for those who booked.

9 hours ago, nemrac917 said:

Well, at work one night last week, I happened across a sailing that looked interesting,

I just spoke with your boss and we'll have to subtract this time spent looking at cruises from your paycheck.............

As I sit here typing this from work lol

On 2/22/2023 at 2:33 PM, smokeybandit said:

There was a 2025 7-night Navigator cruise briefly at $4200 for a 2 BR GS.  It's way higher now.

Yup, this was the one I booked.  I looked tonight, and it's currently sitting at $12,400 for the same suite. 🤯

On 2/22/2023 at 7:15 AM, FionaMG said:

It's probably Navigator. It looks like they let the famous intern load the prices for those sailings as there was a lot of buzz about it over on CC last week. They've fixed it in the meantime. Let's see if they honour the pricing for those who booked.

Yup, Navigator.  I'm very thankful the famous intern loaded those prices. 😎

They honored it for me, thank goodness.  

On 2/22/2023 at 7:02 AM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

This was Navigator.  This'll actually be my 2nd time on Navigator, with the first being way back in 2002.