Diamond Plus Ammenity

Hussars16

Most people don't know that for frequent cruisers who are Diamond Plus and above, you get an amenity of a bottle of wine and beer in your stateroom on every cruise! This does not come automatically so you have to call the C&A Society 800 number to set it up. I did and selected a bottle of Kendal Jackson Chardonnay and a bottle of Corona beer. It is in my stateroom when I arrive on the ship on every sailing. A nice little perk for being a Diamond Plus member. 

31 minutes ago, Last Lion said:

can the LA also arrange this gift or is the lead time too short?

This is one of those situations where you must expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised if you get the best.  Technically you must submit your gift choices fairly well in advance (I don’t recall the exact time frame, but many days…maybe 2 weeks ?)….but I’m sure that if the LA can accommodate your request, he/she will.  If you ask for something fairly simple, like a bottle of sparkling wine, you’ll probably get it.  If you want slippers, you might not.  For a long time, they had run out of beach towels and nobody was getting those so the gifts seem to wax and wane.

Good luck and welcome to D+ !

For my Navigator of the Seas cruise last month, I called well ahead of time and requested the Beach Towel...I figured we get 5 drinks per night each so no need for more wine...and, since we didn't have to fly home, no problem in adding the weight of  towel to my suitcase.  Unfortunately, once onboard, they told us they were out of towels.  The C&A host got us a tote bag instead.

Next cruise is on Symphony of the Seas out of Barcelona...and we have one night in Barcelona afterwards...so, I may ask for a bottle of wine and we'll drink it that last night in Barcelona!  My wife can pick which wine...

12 hours ago, steverk said:

If you prefer, you can get other gifts too. Examples are slippers and beach towels. You are allowed to keep these gifts.

They’ve not had beach towels or tote bags for about my past 7 cruises. (Since June)

I received slippers once as a gift from my TA.  They definitely didn’t fit a ladies 10/men’s 8.5 US. 

On our Serenade sailing in November 2022 we received the towel which I requested before hand as well as the tote bag that was a huge surprise. I'm not sure why but I think it may have had something to do with the fact our cabin was changed very last minute (RUB) and the items as well as the LA had no idea where we were (LA words when I visited her desk looking for my waters) The items are super cute and the towel was thin, so it went well in the luggage, I had carry on only. The towel is very cool looking so I use it on the guest room bed for decoration. (Nautical/Beach style theme) 

20230224_075725.jpg