Honeymoon Cruise-7 or 9 night

My fiancé and I are trying to decide on a honeymoon cruise. We are wanting to go to the Caribbean in January (November is the wedding, but I have no PTO left). We have been on Freedom of the seas. Looking at Oasis 7 night-Labadee, St Martin, Puerto Rico or the 9 night on Navigator to Labadee and the ABC islands. We really wanted to do Harmony but it's a little out of our price range when you factor in the cost of the flights. Can you help us decide since we can't? Thanks!

Oasis shows will be top notch. I've heard it can feel crowded on sea days on top deck trying to find a chair. Navigator has Chops and Sabor so I wouldn't miss those! I've only been on Freedom twice. Navigator is just smaller than Freedom. I want to try a newer ship class. Freedom was beautiful but I want a change. Would Navigator feel different for us?

This is a hard one to call!   The Oasis will definitely have better shows but to be on a cruise two more nights makes the vacation that much better.  Just think if you choose the Oasis and those dreaded days of the week appear in the elevator and its your last night. You might be saying "oh how I wished we had two more nights" 

The Freedom Class ships are basically a Voyager Class (Navigator) with a section added to the center.  

Mostly it translates to the Freedom's having a separate kids pool area, a longer Royal Promenade with cafe Promenade and Sorrentos separated on opposite ends of it, and a small sports/karaoke bar in front of the ice rink.  They have WAY more things alike than different, for the most part you don't notice the difference.

Navigator also has Giovanni's and Izumi as well as Chops and Sabor.

I'm not going to knock Oasis class ships by any means.  In the scenario you outlined above I would go for more nights and the ABC's (which are awesome!).  But that's me, you would need to decide whats best for you!

56 minutes ago, PRC said:

The Freedom Class ships are basically a Voyager Class (Navigator) with a section added to the center.  

Mostly it translates to the Freedom's having a separate kids pool area, a longer Royal Promenade with cafe Promenade and Sorrentos separated on opposite ends of it, and a small sports/karaoke bar in front of the ice rink.  They have WAY more things alike than different, for the most part you don't notice the difference.

Navigator also has Giovanni's and Izumi as well as Chops and Sabor.

I'm not going to knock Oasis class ships by any means.  In the scenario you outlined above I would go for more nights and the ABC's (which are awesome!).  But that's me, you would need to decide whats best for you!

It's tough. We really wanted to try Oasis class. $200 difference in price-Navigator is cheaper-would be in a promenade room. The only room I've ever been in! I do like new things. Navigator just had a refurb so I would hope she isn't showing her age. I'll sleep on it, and hopefully decide in a couple days!

I'll chime in and suggest going on Navigator. Not only for the longer itinerary, but also for a chance to maybe upgrade from that promenade room to a full balcony looking over the ocean, hopefully for not much more money than the difference with Oasis.

But it's your honeymoon, not mine. ? Do whichever option will make it the most memorable for the two of you, even if it ends up blowing the budget a bit.

I agree with others saying Navigator - I've been on Freedom's two sister ships (basically a larger version of Nav)  and they are both incredible. Add in the ABC islands, and you have an incredible cruise there. Plus, two extra nights! 

My best friend got engaged on Navigator, and the ship seems to be well loved across the fleet in general. Maybe plan on Oasis for your 1 year anniversary?

Also - CONGRATS! I'm getting married in October and slowly losing my mind, so I hope you find as much comfort as I do in planning for your honeymoon. HAHA! 

10 hours ago, klaconqueso said:

I agree with others saying Navigator - I've been on Freedom's two sister ships (basically a larger version of Nav)  and they are both incredible. Add in the ABC islands, and you have an incredible cruise there. Plus, two extra nights! 

My best friend got engaged on Navigator, and the ship seems to be well loved across the fleet in general. Maybe plan on Oasis for your 1 year anniversary?

Also - CONGRATS! I'm getting married in October and slowly losing my mind, so I hope you find as much comfort as I do in planning for your honeymoon. HAHA! 

Congratulations! I just realized it is 6 months today until the wedding! I've been so cool and calm until now! I've slacked so much! 

44 minutes ago, MegMcNugget said:

Is Miami a difficult terminal? I've heard about the tent... 

Not particularly difficult. The tent is an overflow facility and I'm under the impression that it's not used that often. 

4 hours ago, MegMcNugget said:

Congratulations! I just realized it is 6 months today until the wedding! I've been so cool and calm until now! I've slacked so much! 

HAHA! I am there with you. Mine is 5 months from Sunday, and we leave the morning after the wedding to board Allure for 2 weeks. We had a super long engagement, so it didn't feel real until about a few months ago when we realized we had all these details we needed to pull together. It's amazing how fast the time flies!

1 hour ago, DocLC said:

Not particularly difficult. The tent is an overflow facility and I'm under the impression that it's not used that often. 

I THINK (from my understanding) that the tent is used when Nav has to share the terminal with a Celebrity ship that embarks the same day. Beyond that, Miami is pretty easy.

18 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

This is a hard one to call!   The Oasis will definitely have better shows but to be on a cruise two more nights makes the vacation that much better.  Just think if you choose the Oasis and those dreaded days of the week appear in the elevator and its your last night. You might be saying "oh how I wished we had two more nights" 

Isn't that the case on any trip the last night?

4 hours ago, klaconqueso said:

HAHA! I am there with you. Mine is 5 months from Sunday, and we leave the morning after the wedding to board Allure for 2 weeks. We had a super long engagement, so it didn't feel real until about a few months ago when we realized we had all these details we needed to pull together. It's amazing how fast the time flies!

It does fly by. 27yrs this Oct for us. We will be celebrating it on Serenade in Canada And New England on our first cruise and first vacation, outside of a couple of two nighters without the kids, in 23yrs!

1 hour ago, fmanke said:

It does fly by. 27yrs this Oct for us. We will be celebrating it on Serenade in Canada And New England on our first cruise and first vacation, outside of a couple of two nighters without the kids, in 23yrs!

Congrats on 27 years!

9 hours ago, MegMcNugget said:

7 hours ago, klaconqueso said:

It'll be 19 years since my own wedding thirteen days from now, and I still remember the panicked rush to get things wrapped up at the end.

One word of caution -- if you're taking a limo anywhere the morning after your wedding to get to the airport / cruise terminal / whatever, call them the week before to confirm everything is recorded correctly for where to pick you up and what time. Then call them the day before to confirm it again. Our limo went to our apartment instead of the hotel we were staying at, forcing us to desperately find a last-minute taxi and race down the roads to the airport to make our flight to Hawaii. I tipped that taxi driver enormously when he actually got us there in time and without ever getting picked up by a speed trap!

7 minutes ago, MegMcNugget said:

Update: I found if I change the itinerary on Oasis for Labadee, Jamaica and Cozumel I can get an oceanview balcony for the same price as a promenade 9 nights on the navigator. I've yet to have a oceanview balcony....

Ocean view suites are, well, sweet. Especially in the morning, sitting on the deck with a cup of coffee and muffin, or two, from room service (complimentary, just tip the room service delivery person a buck or two). :27_sunglasses:

1 hour ago, MegMcNugget said:

Update: I found if I change the itinerary on Oasis for Labadee, Jamaica and Cozumel I can get an oceanview balcony for the same price as a promenade 9 nights on the navigator. I've yet to have a oceanview balcony....

You're making the decision harder, not easier. ;)

It seems like you're leaning towards the wow factor and that the ports are secondary to the trip and what the ship has to offer. If this is in fact the case, then I'd go with the Oasis class. I'd also suggest the three night dining package to make the trip extra special with a dinner in 150 Central Park, Chops, and Giovanni's Table. 

2 hours ago, DocLC said:

You're making the decision harder, not easier. ;)

It seems like you're leaning towards the wow factor and that the ports are secondary to the trip and what the ship has to offer. If this is in fact the case, then I'd go with the Oasis class. I'd also suggest the three night dining package to make the trip extra special with a dinner in 150 Central Park, Chops, and Giovanni's Table. 

I think you are right! This might be our last cruise for awhile-as Matt would say YOLO....Book it!

15 hours ago, JLMoran said:

It'll be 19 years since my own wedding thirteen days from now, and I still remember the panicked rush to get things wrapped up at the end.

One word of caution -- if you're taking a limo anywhere the morning after your wedding to get to the airport / cruise terminal / whatever, call them the week before to confirm everything is recorded correctly for where to pick you up and what time. Then call them the day before to confirm it again. Our limo went to our apartment instead of the hotel we were staying at, forcing us to desperately find a last-minute taxi and race down the roads to the airport to make our flight to Hawaii. I tipped that taxi driver enormously when he actually got us there in time and without ever getting picked up by a speed trap!

This is an awesome advice... we're actually tapping a family member that doesn't drink to drive us to the airport in the morning for that reason. HAHA.

I want to thank each and every one of you who offered up your advice. We actually changed our ports to Western Caribbean on Oasis out of Orlando in an ocean view balcony stateroom for the same price as a promenade on Navigator for 9 nights. It's tough and we still aren't sure we made the right decision. We wanted something different than Freedom and I think Oasis will give us that. It may be our last cruise for a few years. I have a feeling that I will go back to Freedom class or similar after. I couldn't pass on the price I found for 7 nights on Oasis in superior ocean view balcony $851 pre tax per person! Can't wait to learn all I can about this ship!

16 minutes ago, MegMcNugget said:

I want to thank each and every one of you who offered up your advice. We actually changed our ports to Western Caribbean on Oasis out of Orlando in an ocean view balcony stateroom for the same price as a promenade on Navigator for 9 nights. It's tough and we still aren't sure we made the right decision. We wanted something different than Freedom and I think Oasis will give us that. It may be our last cruise for a few years. I have a feeling that I will go back to Freedom class or similar after. I couldn't pass on the price I found for 7 nights on Oasis in superior ocean view balcony $851 pre tax per person! Can't wait to learn all I can about this ship!

For what it's worth, I think you made a good choice especially if you're wanting something different. No other ship compares to the Oasis class especially when it comes to the overall design, entertainment, and dining options. 

12 hours ago, MegMcNugget said:

I think that sounds like an excellent choice - and also that you found a great deal on a balcony room. Sounds like you are all set for an AMAZING honeymoon. 

31 minutes ago, klaconqueso said:

I think that sounds like an excellent choice - and also that you found a great deal on a balcony room. Sounds like you are all set for an AMAZING honeymoon. 

Thanks KLA! I'm second guessing myself because we are waiting two months after the wedding to go. If we went in November or December I wouldn't get paid while off-maybe 15 hours. Ahhh

3 hours ago, MegMcNugget said:

Thanks KLA! I'm second guessing myself because we are waiting two months after the wedding to go. If we went in November or December I wouldn't get paid while off-maybe 15 hours. Ahhh

The point of the honeymoon is to relax and enjoy your time together. If you're stressing out about money and time off, you'll be missing the point. So what if it isn't "typical" or it's a while off? You get time for things to settle down and you get to truely enjoy that time with your new husband. Weddings are crazy, and this breaks it up for you a little. It sounds like you got a great deal on a ship you are really excited about - don't second guess that! 

9 hours ago, klaconqueso said:

The point of the honeymoon is to relax and enjoy your time together. If you're stressing out about money and time off, you'll be missing the point. So what if it isn't "typical" or it's a while off? You get time for things to settle down and you get to truely enjoy that time with your new husband. Weddings are crazy, and this breaks it up for you a little. It sounds like you got a great deal on a ship you are really excited about - don't second guess that! 

You are right. Just want it to be perfect. We are very laid back people so relaxing is our specialty. It will be great. Thanks Kla. Sometimes you just need to hear it from an outsider! Thank you! ?

10 hours ago, MegMcNugget said:

You are right. Just want it to be perfect. We are very laid back people so relaxing is our specialty. It will be great. Thanks Kla. Sometimes you just need to hear it from an outsider! Thank you! ?

No problem! :) I'm in the exact same boat as you (pun intended), so if you ever need anyone to vent to or talk to about wedding or honeymoon planning feel free to send me a message!