B2B cruise questions

D Alt

I just booked a 3 night cruise to back on to my 4 night Penang cruise.  4 nights was just too low when going to Asia, so I added a B2B of a 3-nighter after that one. 

I luckily got the same exact room too!

So for those who regularly do B2B's I had some questions:

1-  Obviously since I didn't book them at the same time, mine shows up separately in the cruise planner, but wondering if those who book these together somehow does it share a number or no? Do they show up as separate reservations in the cruise planner usually? Is there some special B2B designation?

2- Will RCCL and subsequently, the crew, know that I am on a B2B somehow since I did book these at different times? Or do I need to bring it to their attention by calling them up and having them flag it somehow? (for purposes of B2B embark/disembarking)

3- Anything else I need to know or do before these cruises?

B2B cruises are treated like separate cruises.  Each cruise has its own account and each account must be closed just as if you are not staying on for the next cruise.  They never share a booking number, they are always independent.  

This means that any OBC on cruise #1 is not available for cruise #2.  Any beverage or dining plans are separate so if you want beverage or dining plans you have to buy them for each cruise as if you are not B2B. 

When cruise #1 concludes you will get a new seapass card for the next cruise.  The old seapass card becomes nothing but a souvenir.  

If you booked direct call now and have your two cruises noted as being consecutive.  If you booked through a TA ask them to get that done.  On board it never hurts to stop by guest services on cruise #1 and confirm they have you listed as a consecutive cruiser.  I also mention it to my cabin attendant just so to make sure they know.  

All cruises are treated as separate reservations regardless of if you have the same room. Since you are sailing from Asia, I want to say things might be different. You will check in for both cruises and have to close out for both, you will have to book all of your CP purchases for both cruises. There won't be anything in your documentation that indicates you are B2B.

I would go to guest service and make sure you are in the system as a consecutive cruiser. Your TA could make note, but GS will still need to be notified. Your steward will have info about you being B2B, unless they are changing floors. On my Nav B2B I had two different stewards because they moved the first one to a different floor. She informed me of the new steward's name and gave him the information that I was B2B, that way he could clean my room first in case I needed to return.

Call RCL or your travel agent and have them marked as B2B.  They can do it on the system that way everyone that deals with you will know you are a B2B person.  You can do that with 2 RCL cruises or a Side-to-Side cruise with sister ships.  I did RCL Symphony with a B2B of Celebrity Reflection and both cruises were linked so they knew how to deal with me.

Related question....we have a B2B on Navigator in February.   Used two different agencies and will not be in same room for both cruises.

Should I call RCCL to mark our reservations as consecutive?

Can we leave bags on the ship, or do we have to take them off the ship,  go through customs and bring through embarkation again?  We hope to get back on the ship with bags and then disembark again to have lunch near the port.  

Just wondering....is there easier way for online check in instead adding information each time (passport, address, credit card), etc? 

1 hour ago, Va4fam said:

Related question....we have a B2B on Navigator in February.   Used two different agencies and will not be in same room for both cruises.

Can we leave bags on the ship, or do we have to take them off the ship,  go through customs and bring through embarkation again?  We hope to get back on the ship with bags and then disembark again to have lunch near the port.  

Just wondering....is there easier way for online check in instead adding information each time (passport, address, credit card), etc? 

Yes, it is a good idea to have your B2B reservations linked.  That way, Guest Services will know that you are B2B passengers and include you in the consecutive cruiser process.  I would recommend that you go to GS after you board cruise #1 and verify that they have you down as consecutive cruisers.

You will need to pack up all of the "loose" items but leave everything that is hanging in your closet.  Leave you semi-packed bags in your room.  Your room attendant will take your bags and your hanging stuff to your new room  So no, you do not need to schlep your bags off the ship just to turn around and bring them back on.  The process generally works very well.

1 hour ago, Va4fam said:

I have seen a few recent reports that they asked consecutive guests moving cabins to pack everything including hanging items in the closet so ask your cabin attendant on cruise #1.    You don't carry your luggage off, you leave it in the cabin and they will move it while you are doing the B2B stuff.  Take your passport and related docs with you when you do the B2B meeting.  Do not put you luggage out the night before like everyone else.  

21 minutes ago, FireFishII said:

Here is a question: I know that you can board with 2 bottles of wine. And lets say you do that.  Then, if you decide to get off at the disembarkment port to do a little shopping or whatever, can you 'embark' on the second cruise with 2 new bottles of wine?  

I don't see why not. You can also split up and you and your adult travel companion can each bring two bottles in your carry-ons... they don't cross-reference cabin numbers.

23 minutes ago, FireFishII said:

Here is a question: I know that you can board with 2 bottles of wine. And lets say you do that.  Then, if you decide to get off at the disembarkment port to do a little shopping or whatever, can you 'embark' on the second cruise with 2 new bottles of wine?  

Bring 4 for a B2B cruise.  They may take 2 and store them for you but if you split them up between bags they may not. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, D Alt said:

Another question:  Is there going to be a gap in wifi coverage between B2b cruises? 

Yes but it will be small. I believe the Wi-Fi cuts out at 10am and then you will need to log on and connect to the new package.

20 minutes ago, D Alt said:

Another question:  Is there going to be a gap in wifi coverage between B2b cruises? 

There can be.   They have to clear the prior cruise and load the new manifest.  That isn't done instantly. 

In the US where we typically have to leave the ship between cruises they have often reset the system while I've been off meeting the CBP folks.   Upon boarding it might be ready with the next cruise loaded or there can be a gap before you can re-create a new login for the next cruise Voom plan. It depends.