Room Security Deposit

BrianAlt

37 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

We took three cruises in 2022, and all of them had the pending charge of 99.75.  I think this is a new thing, as WAAAYTOOO noted.  I do not recall the pending charge in  our last pre-Covid cruise, September 2019.

I want to say I remember them pre-covid, but have nothing to support my claim

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I'm curious how it posted to their onboard account..as in what was the line item description? Can they screenshot the charge from the onboard account in the app and send that to you?

So based on this I messaged them and asked for a screenshot. Guess what?  It was a credit card hold!  Sorry everyone. But I’m glad it was cleared up. 

image.gif.8674052a69817266b6d1485b8e9981a4.gif

59 minutes ago, BrianAlt said:

So based on this I messaged them and asked for a screenshot. Guess what?  It was a credit card hold!  Sorry everyone. But I’m glad it was cleared up. 

/cdn-cgi/mirage/fa4f5aceb9e59e1621b089e3ef2481237375ff3259fc013f2737815ce3c844f3/1280/https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/uploads/monthly_2023_01/image.gif.8674052a69817266b6d1485b8e9981a4.gif

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

7 hours ago, BrianAlt said:

This is not a surprise.  The terminology for first time cruisers can be confusing to them.  Add to that a possible language barrier at guest services and their own mind fills in the blanks they have before they speak to you.

It's really the basis upon which all magic works.  Show a person the ears of the rabbit and the tail of the rabbit and their mind will build the body even though it is never there.

You're a good dad to transfer the worry to yourself and track this down.

16 hours ago, BrianAlt said:

I assumed that was the case, especially since I specifically recall this odd 99.75 amount as a credit card authorization hold that I experienced on Mariner several times 😉

I never mind the holds, especially since I use a rewards program that gives me points for every authorization hold I get, so it blows up when I'm cruising 😂

17 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I assumed that was the case, especially since I specifically recall this odd 99.75 amount as a credit card authorization hold that I experienced on Mariner several times 😉

I never mind the holds, especially since I use a rewards program that gives me points for every authorization hold I get, so it blows up when I'm cruising 😂

Initially, that's what I thought also.  But when I asked that, they said it was on the account.  🤷‍♂️  Oh well.

7 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Just disembarked Wonder Saturday and because my wife CC notifications from BoA are very slow,  $99.75 charge shows in email today, but it was only a hold.  Have never actually seen one hit the actual on board account.