Check in time question

We are going on Allure in Feb.  Our first available check in date was today.  I set my alarm for midnight last night and couldn’t get the check in que to open both on the app and main website.  After 10 minutes of frustration I went to bed.  Woke up this morning and was able to get the 11am check in time.  I was really hoping for 10:30am but obviously that slot was gone by me waiting until the morning.  

We are booked in a Grande Suite.  I remember reading we can show up 30 mins early to our check in time as a suite perk.  I’ve been looking everywhere and can’t seem to find that perk online anymore.  Does that still exist?

Thanks in advance! 

15 minutes ago, steverk said:

I'm not sure about the perk, but I believe 11 is the first check in time.

That said, two weeks ago they weren't even checking boarding times. 11am was insane.  People who arrived later had a much better experience. 

I didn’t even consider that.  We had a 10:30am check in for Liberty in October before she left us for good 😞 and assumed it was the same for Allure.  

As far as wanting to board early, it is 100% based on wanting to secure our specialty dining reservations.  

@Crazycruiser50 Grand Suite? You will receive an email from your suites concierge about 5 days out. He asks if he can help with anything, I have had really great luck with responding with a request or two. Private table at MDR in a corner to help with the noise, and I ask about the dining reservations for the specialty restaurants. "Would you be so kind as to book Chops Night 1 1800hrs ? " You may be able to step on the ship with all of your reservations in hand. When I receive this amazing service I make sure to introduce myself & thank the concierge usually in the form of a monetary gift. Good Luck, enjoy your sailing. I loved Allure, I loved Mama Mia!

We sail in 2 weeks on the Adventure, and were able to secure a 10:30 check in time.    When we sailed in July on Liberty,  on initial check in I could only get 11am,  and that was right after midnight.  But I kept checking and about a week later 10:30 was available and we were able to switch.   So keep looking, you may get lucky.

41 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

The 10:30 check-in time will vary by ports and ships. I have a 10:30 check-in for my Oasis and Grandeur out of Miami in January.

As a suite guest you do have leeway in an hour before or after, but the terminal has to be open.  

1 hour, thanks, for some reason 30 mins was stuck in my head.  I appreciate you responding!

2 hours ago, Neesa said:

@Crazycruiser50 Grand Suite? You will receive an email from your suites concierge about 5 days out. He asks if he can help with anything, I have had really great luck with responding with a request or two. Private table at MDR in a corner to help with the noise, and I ask about the dining reservations for the specialty restaurants. "Would you be so kind as to book Chops Night 1 1800hrs ? " You may be able to step on the ship with all of your reservations in hand. When I receive this amazing service I make sure to introduce myself & thank the concierge usually in the form of a monetary gift. Good Luck, enjoy your sailing. I loved Allure, I loved Mama Mia!

I forgot about the concierge email!  The last 2 suites we sailed in were royal ups so we never got the email.  Well, “suite life” sucked us in and we bought this one outright in advance.  I appreciate you responding! 

6 hours ago, Crazycruiser50 said:

We are going on Allure in Feb.  Our first available check in date was today.  I set my alarm for midnight last night and couldn’t get the check in que to open both on the app and main website.  After 10 minutes of frustration I went to bed.  Woke up this morning and was able to get the 11am check in time.  I was really hoping for 10:30am but obviously that slot was gone by me waiting until the morning.  

We are booked in a Grande Suite.  I remember reading we can show up 30 mins early to our check in time as a suite perk.  I’ve been looking everywhere and can’t seem to find that perk online anymore.  Does that still exist?

Thanks in advance! 

Yes, you can arrive 30 early if in a suite.

On 12/22/2022 at 7:07 AM, Crazycruiser50 said:

Thanks in advance! 

Suites have a separate check in. However we arrived at 10:30 for wonder of the Seas. (Our time was 11:30). They were allowing all people on board at 10:30 (not too many people there). Took a total of 10 minutes or less. Best boarding ever! 

If the Allure is still in Galveston in Feb, keep in mind they are kind of running a one-hour delay. (We had that last week.) We like the new terminal, but the queuing stations are spread out into mini-lines so it was hard for us to find where to go for priority boarding.  We flowed through the process quickly, however, so priority boarding was moot. 

On 12/22/2022 at 6:07 AM, Crazycruiser50 said:

Thanks in advance! 

We are on Allure in Feb also!  Looking forward to it!