Ducks!

mom2mybugs

Good morning!  
   So I have never found any little duckies on a ship, and would love to bring some to hide but I’m new to the game.  Do people put any tags or greetings on them?  Email to get notified if found?  And do you just hide them anywhere?
   And now I have another excuse to buy more junk on Amazon.  Alexa is very busy “thanking my driver”.  Jane

The couple that I have found had a Facebook tag to let them know that it was found. I don't do Facebook. So what I do is take it home with me and then hide it on my next cruise. On my cruise to Alaska I found one, and then left it on Oasis so it made a coast to coast journey, hopefully whoever found it on Oasis did make mention in Facebook.

We just stepped off Navigator on Dec. 16th and I tried something different this time with our Ducks.  There was an amazing bunch of people "Duck Hunting" but there were four children ages 9-11 that were literally running up and down the stairs and tearing through everything looking for ducks. Those poor poinsettias and garland around the ship were destroyed. The wife and I decided to calmly look for as many as we could and then simply ask those that were also looking for ducks if they wanted one that we found instead of hiding them again in hopes of saving the poor decorations around the ship. We found 47 ducks and gave away almost 100 ending up with 0 by the end of the cruise. We spent a lot of time educating those curious about Hunting ducks and gave them a few to get them started. There was even a couple that said they brought more than 100 ducks to hide.  ICON of the SEAS capacity 5000 passengers and 7500 ducks. 🙂