Musical instruments on board

Cactus527

Very random question that came up from some colleagues yesterday. Does RC permit musical instruments to be brought on board? I'm referring to instruments such as a flute, violin, saxophone, or even a tuba. I couldn't find anything in the general rules last night but thought maybe some of you might know or have experience. Professional musicians practice constantly, and they like to vacation too, so.......

Have you ever been woken up by your cabin neighbor serenading you on a tuba at 7:00am? 🤣

Good question. Obviously paid performers bring various instruments on board. If you are a beginner trumpet player and decide to practice during the cruise,  I doubt your practice sessions would be appreciated and probably terminated. On the other hand, if you are a classical violinist that plays with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and decide to entertain the masses or you are Jimmy Buffett, I suspect you would be well received.

I am pretty sure they have the right to refuse to allow anything they think might be disruptive to the other passengers. So I'd venture to say it would be a "YMMV" situation. I am thinking like a guitar might be let on, but unless you are on some theme cruise or are a paid entertainer for the ship, I cant see them letting you bring a saxophone or trumpet. I could be wrong.

I’d imagine a trumpet, tuba, saxophone or other loud instrument playing next door to me at any time would get me riled up.  I go for the peace and quiet.  I don’t like it when people decide to play their music loudly over a portable speaker -onboard or on the beach.  
I play the bagpipes and I’d love to be a competition level player but I imagine people onboard would either throw me or the pipes overboard! -or maybe both!

Across the pier at CocoCay a guy on his balcony was strumming a guitar and singing loudly as we pulled away after our day there sharing it with another ship.  Braver than me but probably a good idea if he held onto that day job.  Still quite a few from our ship cheered him on from their balconies.  

Tuba... that's a whole different animal.