Fort Lauderdale Resort for a Day recommendations

mom2mybugs

So our perfectly timed 1 pm flight home on Spirit was changed to 6 am...yeah, that isn't gonna happen.  So we have a new flight..AT 9:15  pm!!!!  Since we do not want to spend 11 hours at the airport, we need to figure out something.  We are flying in a couple days early, so other than the everglades (which still gets us to the airport with about 7 hours left), we are not seeing any Royal things we want to do.  Thinking about doing a resort for a day.  Does anyone have any suggestions for good spots?  We have waited way too long on this for our Dec 31 trip, and may not get anything good, but would love suggestions!  I'd love a hot tub and a beach, but don't need if the pool is nice.   Jane

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Jane, have you considered just spending the night and taking the 6AM flight out the next day ?

My husband is a teacher and is just so stressed about getting back for Monday that we don't want to push into the next day.  We actually wanted to take the 8 day Odyssey cruise but did Harmony because it's a Saturday to Saturday instead of Saturday to Sunday.  And I'm so not a morning person, I think I want to be up late instead of up to get to the airport at 4am!!!  Jane

9 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

My husband is a teacher and is just so stressed about getting back for Monday that we don't want to push into the next day.  We actually wanted to take the 8 day Odyssey cruise but did Harmony because it's a Saturday to Saturday instead of Saturday to Sunday.  And I'm so not a morning person, I think I want to be up late instead of up to get to the airport at 4am!!!  Jane

Kids would love a substitute teacher!

On 11/29/2022 at 7:48 AM, smokeybandit said:

If your flight was changed that much you should have the freedom to cancel it and book something else

We booked through Travelocity and spirit cancelled the flight.  However, spirit was significantly cheaper and it was easier to just leave it.  Not sure if it was $200 cheaper to cover what we spent on a resort, but we will have one last nice day.

Thanks everyone...I ended up on resortpass and found the Hilton fort Lauderdale resort.  My husband fries so we needed shade and I decided that I was done figuring all this out and we'd book a ridiculously expensive canopy daybed.  Imagine my happiness when I scored a black Friday 40 percent off and saved $140!  And it comes with a pitcher of cocktails if my liver is still functioning after a 7 day drink pkg!!!  Jane

18 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Thanks everyone...I ended up on resortpass and found the Hilton fort Lauderdale resort.  My husband fries so we needed shade and I decided that I was done figuring all this out and we'd book a ridiculously expensive canopy daybed.  Imagine my happiness when I scored a black Friday 40 percent off and saved $140!  And it comes with a pitcher of cocktails if my liver is still functioning after a 7 day drink pkg!!!  Jane

the hilton fort lauderdale beach resort is our favorite!!!! the location is great, and the pool staff are so nice there. if you are a fan of fresh seafood, their shrimp or fish tacos at lunch are TO DIE FOR. super delicious. i will try to find a pic and post it from when we were there in the spring. would go back in a heartbeat!!