Playmakers on Odyssey!!! How about adding it the to other Quantum Class ships?

Playmakers on Odyssey!!! What a great place to hang out!!!  This sports bar is on deck 16 above the SeaPlex and has outstanding views of the ocean ,in addition to the tv screens everywhere. 

This is the best sports bar at seas in my opinion!

Does Royal Caribbean have plans to add Playmakers to the other Quantum ships? I have tentative plans to sail on Anthem of the Seas next year and would be disappointed if this was not on the ship. 

It looks like it would be easy to add a Playmakers in the SeaPlex on the other Quantum ships as there is ample wasted room there. Maybe construction could be done without disturbing the activities in the SeaPlex below during regular sailings???

What do you know or think?

Would require shipyard work and recertification of the weight and balance.  Those “pods” that hang off the SeaPlex are very different on the earlier ships.  They’d need to reengineer all of that.  

Most of these ships have cycled through dry docks already and relatively recently so it could be a while. 

I have thought about this on Anthem since this is basically my "Home" ship. Assuming they can't upgrade the pods, they could easily get rid of La Patisserie and move some of the retail around to maybe free up that Regalia store next door on Deck 4. That would be a decent amount of space. I can't imagine La Patisserie makes all that much compared to a Playmakers. Another option might be to relocate the Bionic Bar and shore excursions on deck 5 and use that space.

The problem with the PM concept on the Esplanade on Q class would be the same as the problem with PM on Voyager class.  All the noise from the promenade/esplanade leaks into PM making it hard to hear anything during events.  The beauty of PM on Odyssey is that it's  up in the SeaPlex so less noise from bands and announcements of t-shirt sales.  Plus there is no view of the outside from the Esplanade. 

A big part of the appeal of the Odyssey PM are those massive windows looking out to the sea.

1 hour ago, asquared17 said:

dumb question but is there any outdoor seating at playmakers or is it all inside the sea plex? we are going in december and love an outdoor dining venue (i think it has an outdoor element on the oasis class but i could be wrong) so just wasn't sure if that was a possibility.

On Odyssey there is no outdoor component to PM.  

The first outdoor PM was burning through flat panel TV's that couldn't hold up to the Florida/Caribbean humidity.  It was also a PITA during inclement weather.  I get what you are seeking as I love the outdoor WJ seating areas, but I also understand how outdoor venues suffer from weather.  

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

On Odyssey there is no outdoor component to PM.  

The first outdoor PM was burning through flat panel TV's that couldn't hold up to the Florida/Caribbean humidity.  It was also a PITA during inclement weather.  I get what you are seeking as I love the outdoor WJ seating areas, but I also understand how outdoor venues suffer from weather.  

did not even think about the screens going haywire due to weather -- great point. thank you for letting us know! there are always options to take food away and eat on our balcony if we get truly desperate 😂 but i am still looking forward to visiting playmakers 😊

7 hours ago, Phillip Diamond Plus said:

Playmakers on Odyssey!!! What a great place to hang out!!!  This sports bar is on deck 16 above the SeaPlex and has outstanding views of the ocean ,in addition to the tv screens everywhere. 

This is the best sports bar at seas in my opinion!

Does Royal Caribbean have plans to add Playmakers to the other Quantum ships? I have tentative plans to sail on Anthem of the Seas next year and would be disappointed if this was not on the ship. 

It looks like it would be easy to add a Playmakers in the SeaPlex on the other Quantum ships as there is ample wasted room there. Maybe construction could be done without disturbing the activities in the SeaPlex below during regular sailings???

What do you know or think?

Having recently been on the Spectrum out of Singapore in the past week, having a Playmakers on board would have been redundant, if anything all the bars on the sailing were basically empty just due to the market however I agree that if Spectrum should leave Asia to make a return to Europe or Stateside it'd work. Ever had plans to sail out of Singapore? Its a great place if one wants non-busy bars and great conversation with bartenders 🙂 Still a good vibe if even if many people don't drink or use the free included beverages, still lots of gathering spaces.

11 hours ago, WaybackCruiser said:

Having recently been on the Spectrum out of Singapore in the past week, having a Playmakers on board would have been redundant, if anything all the bars on the sailing were basically empty just due to the market however I agree that if Spectrum should leave Asia to make a return to Europe or Stateside it'd work. Ever had plans to sail out of Singapore? Its a great place if one wants non-busy bars and great conversation with bartenders 🙂 Still a good vibe if even if many people don't drink or use the free included beverages, still lots of gathering spaces.

Playmakers isn't the same as a regular bar. The food and ability to watch sports is the actual draw.