over-the-door organizer

Thanks! :) Disney disallows them so I never used one before. :)

I knew they didn't allow you to attach things to three doors, but I wasn't aware that you couldn't hang things from the doors. Note that there are three robe hooks on the bathroom door you can hang this from, too. I've just never had the need.

Note that this assumes that you have an organizer that doesn't damage the door.

I don't use the sundry organizer but  I do take a shoe organizer b/c I hate having messy shoes in the bottom of the closet.

The over-the-door organizers work well with some closet types and not well at all with others.  On my last 2 O class cruises (Harmony and Allure) the organizers would not work hanging inside the closets b/c the doors closed in a way that did not leave enough space for the shoes.  In both cases I had to hang the shoes on the outside of the closet door which did not make me happy AT ALL.  These were both Aqua Theater Suites.  There is lot of closet and storage space in those suites so it's very annoying that I had to have shoes hanging on the outside of the closet door !!!

However....I still love having the shoe organizer and I will continue to use it.

"However....I still love having the shoe organizer and I will continue to use it". A shoe organizer, seriously? I usually cruise with a pair of sandals and one pair of "dress" shoes for formal nights. Don't need much of a shoe organizer for that. Of course, I do take a ration of you know what from she-who-mus- be- obeyed about my footwear. 

Come on rjac, WaaayTooo needs to keep her suite organized.  Clutter is death in a sweet suite. ;)

Ooops, my bad. I didn't realize it was the nice lady who used the shoe organizer. I bet with her using a shoe organizer, he is limited to sandals, a pair of nice shoes and perhaps a pair of Converse High Tops :huh:. 

"However....I still love having the shoe organizer and I will continue to use it". A shoe organizer, seriously? I usually cruise with a pair of sandals and one pair of "dress" shoes for formal nights. Don't need much of a shoe organizer for that. Of course, I do take a ration of you know what from she-who-mus- be- obeyed about my footwear. 

I'll be even worse, seeing as all my right-side shoes have to be modified with a lift. I mean, if I literally own one pair of sneakers that I wear for both work and home, you seriously think I'm going to be bringing dress shoes with me for formal night? The only reason I'll have a second pair will be if the water shoes I'm looking at can be successfully modified.  :P 

We love ours -- admittedly, half the reason I use it is to organize stuff BEFORE we cruise.  (Its already hanging behind the spare room closet door.)  Even though our teen boys have moved to their own room, we still keep it to store a lot of our extras for excursions, etc.  And yes, for shoes!  We did have it on the outside of the closet door last time as well -- didn't bother me so much, and it makes things easy to find.  

When we traveled four to a cabin with two kids, this thing was a must for me. (It's a mom-sanity-saver in tight quarters!) Now its optional and I still bring it. Don't think anyone NEEDS it, but if you like staying organized, it can make your trip all the more relaxing.

Maybe a two pair organizer would be helpful to you. Really cuts back on the clutter.  ;)

I use a shoe organizer for every cruise. The one I purchased is a skinny two pocket, four rows of pockets, so eight total. I bought large magnetic hooks because I didn't want it over the door. The hooks never slip because they are heavy weight and I put all cosmetics, personal care items, medication in the pockets so I actually have a counter in the tiny bathroom of an ocean view. I didn't believe they would be a good thing to carry but mine is so small, folds up for easy packing, doesn't take up much room in the suitcase, that i won't cruise without it. 

Shoes, on a seven day cruise I bring at least 5 or 6 pairs of shoes. I receive the Sunday Dallas Morning News paper and it comes in a plastic bag that fits a pair of shoes perfectly, keeps them neat and if the soles have anything on them it stays in the newspaper bag.

Candie

• 2 weeks later...