How to Book at Shuttle from Venice to Ravenna and how to find the Shuttle

7 hours ago, MLH said:

They provide a paid shuttle service from Tronchetto/Venice city center.  You have to call air to sea to book or have your travel agent book for you.

I really wish they did provide this shuttle for us but they will not provide this for our cruise. I have called, messaged, and emailed and I have gotten the same answer 3 times. The only transportation that will provide is to/from the airports. Very frustrating especially since I see that they do provide this for other cruises.

15 hours ago, Mary B said:

I really wish they did provide this shuttle for us but they will not provide this for our cruise. I have called, messaged, and emailed and I have gotten the same answer 3 times. The only transportation that will provide is to/from the airports. Very frustrating especially since I see that they do provide this for other cruises.

Did you receive an email from Royal regarding transportation options?  We received ours a few months before our upcoming cruise and in the email it specifically outlines the two options and to contact Royal if interested in booking either.

3 hours ago, recogneyes said:

Did you receive an email from Royal regarding transportation options?  We received ours a few months before our upcoming cruise and in the email it specifically outlines the two options and to contact Royal if interested in booking either.

We did not. All my information on how to get to the ship has come from this forum! I have also since learned the reason they won't offer ground transportation from anywhere other than the airport for our specific cruise is because there is a Marathon taking place the day we board the ship. Now I'm really worried how we are going to get from Venice to Ravenna!

If you need to get to the airport, there are buses that go between Piazella Roma and the airport.  An alternative would be the Alilaguna water bus to the airport, but that is a lot longer.  

I might have missed it, are you staying in Venice before your cruise or arriving the day of?

22 hours ago, Mary B said:

We did not. All my information on how to get to the ship has come from this forum! I have also since learned the reason they won't offer ground transportation from anywhere other than the airport for our specific cruise is because there is a Marathon taking place the day we board the ship. Now I'm really worried how we are going to get from Venice to Ravenna!

It is still a bit early so that letter could be coming - but assuming it's not it sounds like your only option would be to head back to the airport from the city centre to catch Royal's shuttle (unless you prefer to arrange your own transportation).  We have the option of both but are choosing to go back to the airport vs taking shuttle from tronchetta area.  I would suggest looking at Hyatt Centric Murano - they offer a water taxi from the airport to their property and then you can check in / or at least drop your luggage and take the water taxi into the heart of venice.  The morning of your cruise you can take the water taxi back to the airport.  I'm hoping things go smooth for us with this plan but we are looking forward to staying at this property and the reviews for location are really good.

• 1 month later...

FYI

We are going on the Enchantment of the Seas (venice to Barcelona) 18 Sep 2023.

Booked shuttle from Venice Marco Polo (VCE) airport to Ravenna Cruise port from Royalcaribbean customer service: 1800 327 6700. $45 per person

They gave me 2 options: from VCE or Tranchetta city center. we chose the VCE shuttle departs at 11.30-12.30 pm 

Told location and directions will be in e-docs but the cruise receipt I received after payment did not have the details.

16 hours ago, Kal said:

FYI

We are going on the Enchantment of the Seas (venice to Barcelona) 18 Sep 2023.

Booked shuttle from Venice Marco Polo (VCE) airport to Ravenna Cruise port from Royalcaribbean customer service: 1800 327 6700. $45 per person

They gave me 2 options: from VCE or Tranchetta city center. we chose the VCE shuttle departs at 11.30-12.30 pm 

Told location and directions will be in e-docs but the cruise receipt I received after payment did not have the details.

We sailed on Explorer last month and booked Royal's shuttle from Marco Polo.  Super easy to find - at the arrivals area you will see reps holding RCCL signs.  Approach and give your name and you will be put in a line up and then walked to the buses.  We were there for 11AM and boarded our bus shortly after.  There were lots of buses so I imagine this goes on for a good hour.  We stopped to stretch our legs and use the washroom if needed (bring euros to pay to use - less 1 euro).  Then we carried on to Ravenna - your luggage is taken from the bus right to the ship so make sure you put your luggage tags on before boarding the bus.  Enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, recogneyes said:

We sailed on Explorer last month and booked Royal's shuttle from Marco Polo.  Super easy to find - at the arrivals area you will see reps holding RCCL signs.  Approach and give your name and you will be put in a line up and then walked to the buses.  We were there for 11AM and boarded our bus shortly after.  There were lots of buses so I imagine this goes on for a good hour.  We stopped to stretch our legs and use the washroom if needed (bring euros to pay to use - less 1 euro).  Then we carried on to Ravenna - your luggage is taken from the bus right to the ship so make sure you put your luggage tags on before boarding the bus.  Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for the last bit about the luggage. 

I have my shuttle booked from Venice to Ravenna at 9am from City Center Tronchetto.     We are staying near St Mark's Square but our hotel is down a small canal that requires an extra fee to reach.  That makes it a bit more expensive.  So I was hoping to take a vaporetto.    I have read that taking the people mover was required to reach the proper platform.    But looking at a map there appear to be vaporetto stops.   It seems it would be much easier to get to the shuttle with one form of transportation and not have to drag luggage around quite so far.    

Is it possible to take the vaporetto directly to the correct area for the shuttle avoiding the people mover?

Does the vaporetto run consistently enough to take it to the Tronchetto at that time of day?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 4:36 PM, Transportation said:

Hi!

I am staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Venice and I am meeting the RC shuttle at City Center. Has anyone else ever done this before?

If it's the Mestre Hilton Garden inn it's a 5-10 minute cab ride to the bus station/cruise port, I assume this is where you'll be picked up. We stayed there last month and pre booked a cab it was easy and worked very well.

On 10/11/2023 at 11:36 AM, Transportation said:

Hi!

I am staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Venice and I am meeting the RC shuttle at City Center. Has anyone else ever done this before?

Yes, if it is just the two of you, you could take the bus as well,a little cheaper, but requires a little more walking.  We stayed at the Hilton Tapestry in Mestre.  It was very close to plenty of resturants and grocery store. 

• 3 weeks later...

We are needing a transfer from Venice to Ravenna then we are booked for one night in Ravenna I Didnot know that Royal Caribbean had a transfer system Then we will need a transfer from Ravenna to the port Is that a possibility?? If not I guess we could get a taxi from the Hotel but I’ve heard it’s very expensive I just need some help because never been to Italy I’m a little intimidated Thankyou 

• 5 weeks later...

Your flight departure has to be after 11:45am for shuttle.

1st shuttle which left around 7:00ish and took roughly close to 3 hrs to airport.  It did make a 20 minute stop halfway.  Be prepared for traffic.

I found it much easier to go outta BLQ airport and take shuttle to airport.  Got to airport little over 1 hr.  Much easier and way less time on the bus.  Flights need to depart after 10:40am.  My flight left at 12pm and had plenty of time.

Once you are onboard, guest services daily has someone assist everyone with setting up departure thru them because Ravenna port has no taxi available like at other ports lined up and port is basically a small fishing and industrial area.

If you book a mid/late afternoon flight you should be fine.  I wouldn't risk anything before 1pm because getting checked in and thru TSA can be long in Venice.

we took the trains, first train from venice was nice, clean and had seats, but then we made a stop (cant remember where) and had to switch trains and THAT train was FULL, standing room only.  we were shoulder to shoulder in the doorway for about 45 min ride.  but we made it. 

• 2 months later...

Hello,

We are are doing the Greek Mediterrean cruise out of Ravenna. Can you tell me how far you have to walk from the cruise ship to the RC shuttle? Also, where in the city center does it drop you off? Trying to figure out how far our hotel will be from the drop off point in the city center. Thank you. 

When I called, this is the information I got. My understanding is these are all coach bus rides. 

Shuttle Booked Through RCCL
VCE Marco Polo Airport --> Ravenna Port: $45 (Flight must arrive by 11:55am. Seems too late to me) (11:30am & 12:30pm pick-up)
VCE City Center --> Ravenna Port: $58 (9am & 11am Pick-up)
BLQ Bologna Airport --> Ravenna Port: $40 (Flight must arrive by 2:30pm)
Ravenna Railway Station --> Ravenna Port: $12:50 (7:30am-3:30pm Embarkation)

Ravenna Port --> VCE Marco Polo Airport: $45 (Earliest Flight 12:15pm)
Ravenna Port --> BLQ Bologna Airport: $40 (Earliest Flight 12:15pm)
Ravenna Port --> Bologna Train Station: $30
Ravenna Port --> Ravenna Railway Station: $12.50

The Venice City Center: People Mover - Tronchetto station, Isola Nova del Tronchetto, 33, 30135 Venezia VE, Italy

We are staying near the Venice City Center several days prior and wanted to book from there to the ship but then from the ship to VCE airport. We were told numerous times from numerous customer service reps at RCCL that it is one or the other. There is no mix and match. They claim the system allows for only one reservation meaning 1 round trip booking or 1 one way. Since we have a flight at 12:15pm on debarkation day, we feel it is priority to ensure we have that leg booked. Therefor, we opted to just go to the VCE Airport on our embarkation day and do the roundtrip from there. Not nearly as convenient but didn't feel we wanted to chance the availability of them offering us transportation options once we were onboard (someone posted they a flyer where they were offered these options).

There is no way to book this online by yourself. I called, others have mentioned they chatted and booked that way. I originally booked from the VCE City Center, received no invoice but was told it was due by the final payment date of the cruise. When I changed it to VCE Airport roundtrip, that agent sent me an updated invoice which included a line stating "Roundtrip Transfer" and $90 added under each guest. Payment due with final payment date. 

One other thing to note. There are a couple excursions on deparkation day that also provided a final transfer to VCE Airport. The excursion is called "Padua with Airport Drop-off (VCE)", and is available in English, Spanish, and Italian. It starts at 8:00am, is 6.5 hours long, and requires a 4:30pm or later flight as it says you'll arrive to the VCE airport at approximately 2:30pm. 

34 minutes ago, Drew1267 said:
When I called, this is the information I got. My understanding is these are all coach bus rides. 

Shuttle Booked Through RCCL
VCE Marco Polo Airport --> Ravenna Port: $45 (Flight must arrive by 11:55am. Seems too late to me) (11:30am & 12:30pm pick-up)
VCE City Center --> Ravenna Port: $58 (9am & 11am Pick-up)
BLQ Bologna Airport --> Ravenna Port: $40 (Flight must arrive by 2:30pm)
Ravenna Railway Station --> Ravenna Port: $12:50 (7:30am-3:30pm Embarkation)

Ravenna Port --> VCE Marco Polo Airport: $45 (Earliest Flight 12:15pm)
Ravenna Port --> BLQ Bologna Airport: $40 (Earliest Flight 12:15pm)
Ravenna Port --> Bologna Train Station: $30
Ravenna Port --> Ravenna Railway Station: $12.50

The Venice City Center: People Mover - Tronchetto station, Isola Nova del Tronchetto, 33, 30135 Venezia VE, Italy

We are staying near the Venice City Center several days prior and wanted to book from there to the ship but then from the ship to VCE airport. We were told numerous times from numerous customer service reps at RCCL that it is one or the other. There is no mix and match. They claim the system allows for only one reservation meaning 1 round trip booking or 1 one way. Since we have a flight at 12:15pm on debarkation day, we feel it is priority to ensure we have that leg booked. Therefor, we opted to just go to the VCE Airport on our embarkation day and do the roundtrip from there. Not nearly as convenient but didn't feel we wanted to chance the availability of them offering us transportation options once we were onboard (someone posted they a flyer where they were offered these options).

There is no way to book this online by yourself. I called, others have mentioned they chatted and booked that way. I originally booked from the VCE City Center, received no invoice but was told it was due by the final payment date of the cruise. When I changed it to VCE Airport roundtrip, that agent sent me an updated invoice which included a line stating "Roundtrip Transfer" and $90 added under each guest. Payment due with final payment date. 

One other thing to note. There are a couple excursions on deparkation day that also provided a final transfer to VCE Airport. The excursion is called "Padua with Airport Drop-off (VCE)", and is available in English, Spanish, and Italian. It starts at 8:00am, is 6.5 hours long, and requires a 4:30pm or later flight as it says you'll arrive to the VCE airport at approximately 2:30pm. 

When we sailed on Explorer out of Ravenna last August, we booked Royal's coach service from the airport to Ravenna but then booked Ravenna to city centre afterwards.  Yes, they are all coach buses.  My invoices showed the different pricing for both routes and there was no issue.  It might be worth phoning again.  The person I spoke with did have to put me on hold a few times while sorting this out but it was all organized as we had requested.  Good luck