How to Book at Shuttle from Venice to Ravenna and how to find the Shuttle

Hi. I am booked on the RC Greek Isle cruise at end of June. We arrive back in Ravenna at 6 am Sunday morning and plan on taking the shuttle bus back to Marco Polo airport. We are wondering how long is the entire process of when we get off the boat, get on the bus, fill up the bus, depart, and arrive at the airport? Is Ravenna like airports in the United States where they request you arrive three hours before your international flight? Will we make a 12:15 pm flight? Or should we book the 2:00 flight? 

Thank you,

Judy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I'm travelling from Marco Polo Airport to Ravenna and I have just booked my shuttle bus direct with RC. The call advisor mentioned where to meet the shuttle bus, I asked him if it was on the payment confirmation details and he said yes. I didn't write it down. Do your e documents give you all that information. I know we leave between 11am and 12 noon and he told me from which stand but I cant remember.   

Can any one help we sail on the 29 May

On 10/19/2022 at 9:43 AM, FManke said:

Just got back Mon from Greek Isle cruise. The shuttle from Venice to Ravenna was easy as stated above. Shuttle buses picked you up from the Tronchetta transit station. This was less than a 10min walk from our hotel, the Hotel Moresco. It is a fantastic hotel near the Pizzale Roma area. All Vaporetto, or water buses make stops here so it is very convenient getting around Venice this way. If you are staying anywhere around there, I suggest hiring a luggage porter to help you with your bags, especially if they are on the big size. It was only 5 Euros a bag and well worth it. We booked the shuttle from Venice to Ravenna with our TA, but needed to book the shuttle from Ravenna to the airport in Bologna on the ship. RC would not book that ahead. TA wasn't sure why. We had issues with our flight out of Bologna, which we knew ahead of time, so we would up taking a car instead to airport. If anybody has any other specific questions I might be able to help with, feel free to send me a private message and I'll do my best to answer your questions. 

Happy Cruising!

Thanks, your info was so clear very helpful you clarified so much

Just a few questions our cruise is in July and we’re arriving 1 day earlier 

we plan on staying at hotel in Ravenna to be close to terminal 

The bus leaving Venice to go to the terminal only, or will it make several stops to get to hotels? Just wondering 

thanks again 

SM 

1 hour ago, Shellm said:

Thanks, your info was so clear very helpful you clarified so much

Just a few questions our cruise is in July and we’re arriving 1 day earlier 

we plan on staying at hotel in Ravenna to be close to terminal 

The bus leaving Venice to go to the terminal only, or will it make several stops to get to hotels? Just wondering 

thanks again 

SM 

There is no shuttle from the hotels in  Ravenna to the cruise terminal at least not through RC. 

Happy Cruising!

Hi.  I am also trying to find a shuttle or transportation from Marco Polo Airport in Venice to Ravenna cruise port of Porto Corsini.  We are thinking of heading straight to Ravenna instead of staying in Venice.

The Celebrity cruise website is not helpful and does not indicate the port is 3 1/2 hours away in Ravenna. I would appreciate any information regarding this.  

We are staying Venice the night before the cruise. I’ve just tried to book transfers from Marco Polo to Ravenna but was advised that I could not get them from the airport as my flight arrives a day early. The operator stated that the transfers were tied into the flight details. My flight number and arrival time are the same on our arrival day and the ship departure day so does this mean we can get a transfer from the airport? If not we need to travel to the people mover and get the transfer which is £91 return each!

Good day, all! My sister and I are booked for a RC cruise that ends in Ravenna on October 16, 2023. Newbies that we are, we missed the fact that Ravenna is so far from Venice! Oi. Figured if we were going to be shortening our day in Venice by hours trying to get there, we might as well go directly to Rome where our Airbnb is for that night. I thought I was doing something seriously wrong when I couldn’t find an easier way to do this, until I found this thread. Honestly? It IS this complicated? If you are going to dump a couple thousand people in the middle of a port town, shouldn’t there be an easier way to get them to the city?! Because we’re not going to an airport, the RC transfers won’t apply to us, sadly. From what I found, it looks like the best way to do this is: taxi to Ravenna train station. Train to Bologna. Train to Rome. Does this sound correct or incorrect to anyone? Am I missing some easier way? 

On 4/22/2023 at 1:38 AM, Crichiel said:

Good day, all! My sister and I are booked for a RC cruise that ends in Ravenna on October 16, 2023. Newbies that we are, we missed the fact that Ravenna is so far from Venice! Oi. Figured if we were going to be shortening our day in Venice by hours trying to get there, we might as well go directly to Rome where our Airbnb is for that night. I thought I was doing something seriously wrong when I couldn’t find an easier way to do this, until I found this thread. Honestly? It IS this complicated? If you are going to dump a couple thousand people in the middle of a port town, shouldn’t there be an easier way to get them to the city?! Because we’re not going to an airport, the RC transfers won’t apply to us, sadly. From what I found, it looks like the best way to do this is: taxi to Ravenna train station. Train to Bologna. Train to Rome. Does this sound correct or incorrect to anyone? Am I missing some easier way? 

I am similarly trying to book a transfer on 9th July for 3 people from Ravenna to Venice.  We booked flights with RC and have a transfer booked on arrival from Venice Marco Polo to the ship on 2nd July.  We are staying on in Italy after the cruise but havent booked accommodation with RC.  They are saying its their policy that unless you have accommodation booked with them or are flying home straight after the cruise then they cannot offer the transfer back from Ravenna to Venice.  We would take a transfer to Venice Marco Polo or downtown Venice but they will not book either for us.  It seems abvolutely crazy to dump people in a port which is in the middle of a port town which is miles away from Venice which is where most cruisers would fly into.  Very poor customer treatment by RC in my opinion 

Hi there! Does anyone know what will be the best convenient way to get from Ravenna port to Treviso airport? Our flight is at 1PM on debarkasion day. If we take the RC shuttle to Troncetto Venice center what will the earliest time we could arrive there? Once we get in Tranchetto we were thinking of either opting for a private taxi transfer or get the airport shuttle form piazzale roma which is 15 min walk away. According to their timetable the bus leaves at 9AM. If we get there at 10AM we might miss our flight as it arrtives at the airport at 11:10 AM. When we booked our flights we didn’t realize the airport is that far away from the port. Opting for a private transport from Ravenne to Treviso is not an option as the cost is extremly high (600 euro) that will be how much we paid for our airplane round trip back home. Thank you!!

On 2/9/2023 at 1:57 PM, Ness said:

Am i better off getting a private transfer company, as my flight on the 9th July is from Venice Treviso to Malta at 1250pm. Does anyone know of affordable transfer companies. I really wished I booked my cruise from Rome now. 

Speaking to RC has been so hard to deal with. They are telling me the shuttle buses are booked out. But I am not sure id that is correct.

Hi there! We are in similar situation having our flight back home at 1PM on Debarkation day in september. What option did you end up choosing? Thanks!

On 4/29/2023 at 10:53 AM, Mary Ann said:

I will be cruising with RC in September and arriving 2 days early before the cruise. What hotel should we stay near the RC shuttle pick up from Venice to Ravenna port?

We stayed at the Hotel Moresco for 3 nights before our cruise in Oct. It was fantastic. It was about a 10min walk to the people mover that took you to the shuttle pick up area. If you have some large suitcases, I would suggest arranging with your hotel for a porter to help you with your bags. It cost only 5 Euros a bag. Worth every cent.

Happy Cruising!

5 hours ago, Tony54 said:

Doesa anyone have any hotel suggestions for staying in the Port area.  We arrive two days ahead of our cruise in July and think staying by the port on the way in for the cruise might be best.  Thoughts.

We stayed in the heart of Ravenna in a b&b called M Club Deluxe. It was great. Right in the middle of shopping, restaurants and great sights like Dante's Tomb. It was a quick 20min ride to port.

Happy Cruising!

Hi there, I’m kind of asking the same question here, so briefly, we fly into Venice Treviso airport from Valencia in October and would like to ask if there is a shuttle service available to Ravenna? Flight gets into Trevino at 0815hrs, any advice and assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

On 10/12/2022 at 7:24 PM, dmcbro97470 said:

Regarding point #3. I was told by a RCL repersentative that if we fly in a day or two before the cruise, we can return to the airport on the day of the cruise and book a shuttle. Now this might depend on whom you speak with. My trip is not until 7/2023 and I am already working on this as it seems like a pain, especially since the cruise port is over 2 hrs away from the airport. Trying to find a hotel in Venice that will possibly take us back to the airport. Need to find out where the shuttle will pick up at the airport. 

Hi! We are travelling in Aug/Sept and booked a room in Venice for 5 days prior to our RC cruise. I found out there is a shuttle bus from the Marco Polo airport to the Venice City Centre that leaves every 20 mins from out front of the airport. It is $15/pp and just a 15-20 min drive. We also booked 1 night post cruise in Venice - again with that 15-20 min drive back to the airport, in order to make our 11am flight out. RCL rep tells me that their shuttle from Ravenna Cruise Port to Marco Polo airport can only guarantee the transport for passengers with flights departing after 12:15pm - our return flight departs at 11am - so we changed our flight to the next day and added another night in Venice in order to get there in plenty of time. Ok, you mentioned heading back to the airport on the day of your cruise to then book the shuttle from Marco Polo airport to Ravenna? - that's a bit time consuming, right?! RCL sells Transfer tickets for a "Trumpy Tours" shuttle from right outside the first floor of the People Movers station in Venice that leaves at 11am to get to Ravenna (you need to be there around 10-10:15am and check in with the guy, who checks your name off his list) and then I hear it is a 3 hr drive to the Ravenna Cruise Port. I don't think there's a bathroom on that bus either, as I read another comment that the driver made a loo break pitstop for 10 mins about 2 hrs in. Best of luck to you and enjoy your trip. 

On 11/16/2022 at 3:49 PM, shoyle142 said:

Hi everyone,

How much were the transfers?

I just spoke to someone from air2sea and they quoted me $90pp going and $90pp returning that’s $360 and if we leave from tronchetto? It’s $116pp one way that’s a bit pricy. Is this the correct amount? 

This was posted on a Facebook group for our upcoming cruise in October that my wife belongs to.  It is credited to someone who is sailing from Ravenna this month.

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS
Dear Guest,
We’re looking forward to welcoming you onboard our sailing on Explorer of the Seas! Before we set sail, some important information to share about travelling to Ravenna, Italy.
If you’ve already purchased transfers to and from your sailing, please feel free to mark this email as “Read”. Details about any Royal Caribbean transfer can be found on your booking confirmation.
While our sailing will depart from Ravenna, Italy, most guests will find their flights will be routed through the airport in Venice. Due to the distance from Venice to Ravenna, guests will need to arrange transportation both to and from the ship on boarding and departure day either by purchasing a competitively priced transfer through Royal Caribbean International or by making their own private arrangements. Please note, private transportation, like taxis may be limited around port and airport areas.
Guests choosing to arrange transfers through Royal Caribbean International will need to book their shuttle before their sailing either by contacting their travel partner or by reaching out to Royal Caribbean using the contact information below.
Additionally, guests may purchase transfers at Venice Marco Polo Airport on boarding day. However, boarding day transfers will have limited availability and are available for purchase on a first come-first served basis.
For more information, please contact your Travel Partner or call us using the contact information below.
We’re looking forward to sailing with you!
Sincerely,
Royal Caribbean International
Pre-Cruise Shuttles:
Shuttle services will be available from locations in the area including Venice Marco Polo Airport and Venice City Centre (Tronchetto). Guests may select their preferred transfer based on their flights and selected check-in time for boarding the ship.
When booking your shuttle, you’ll also be advised of the latest possible flight arrival time to board your shuttle.
When arranging transfers on your own, flights should arrive into Venice no later than 11:35 AM to allow time to arrive to the ship.
The journey to the ship from Venice, Italy can take up to 3 hours (depending on traffic conditions), so please be sure to dress comfortably and keep your travel documents, medications, or any other important items with you in your carry-on luggage.
Onboard shuttles departing from Venice, guests will have the ability to charge their phones and will be provided with bottled water. Then, about halfway through the journey, we’ll make a comfort stop where guests will be able to stretch their legs, use the restroom, and purchase snacks for the remainder of the trip.
Please note: Depending on driving conditions, the comfort stop may be skipped to ensure all guests arrive to the ship on time.
Check-in for your sailing will take place at the cruise terminal in Ravenna, Italy.
Post-Cruise Shuttles:
When booking your shuttle, you’ll be advised of the earliest possible flight departure time to board your shuttle.
Just like on boarding day, the journey back to Venice, Italy can take up to 3 hours, so don’t forget to dress comfortably!
All the same amenities listed for the pre-cruise shuttle from Venice – bottled water and the ability to charge your phone – will also be available for guests travelling on the post-cruise shuttle to Venice.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your travel advisor or contact us at:
1 866-562-7625 in the U.S.
1800 754 500 in Australia / 0800 102 123 in New Zealand
In the UK only, by using our webchat service or by calling 0344 493 4005
All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number

On 5/14/2023 at 7:20 PM, Manon said:

Trip coming up in July 2023.

Has anyone been able to book a shuttle from Venice  to Ravenna cruise port with RC ? 

Cruising on the Explorer of the Seas in July.

I was able to book an Airport transfer from Marco Polo Airport to Ravenna through RC for $45pp

Then on the return I was able to book from Ravenna to Tronchetto for $58pp since we're staying in Venice a couple nights before returning to the US.

So in total we paid $206 US for 2 of us.  I booked through RC Transfers 1-800-327-6700 and this charge was added to our RC Cruise invoice

On 12/1/2022 at 4:50 AM, Cooper0309 said:

Can someone explain how the shuttle works? Does the shuttle sit and wait for it to be filled? We are sailing out of Ravenna in 2023 and are taking our baby and trying to make it as painless as possible but this whole transportation situation is giving us a lot of anxiety.

It is far from painless. We stayed in Venice 2 nights before and took a water taxi from the hotel to the Tranchetto. That part was easy and even fun. However, once we arrived at the Tranchetto around 10:15 we joined a line that stretched about 500 meters back. Hundreds and hundreds of guests, all standing in a line along a fence with no shade or cover. The line moved incredibly slowly. Around 11:30 we finally had our turn to board a bus. 

We stopped at a small rest stop in a rural area about an hour in. We were told we had a 15 stop, but given the lines for the bathroom were so long (and you had to pay), we waited more like 30 minutes. 

Overall,  I would give it 0 stars and would recommend avoiding if you can find any other option.  It's a shameful thing for an RCL organized excursion.

If booking again on a Ravenna cruise I would never stay in Venice before or after. It's just too far away and too hard to get there. If you are already booked into Venice (understandable given the cruise says it goes from Venice (Ravenna), I would look at all other options. 

On 10/13/2022 at 4:37 PM, Linda R said:

I just returned from a cruise out of Ravenna.  We went to Venice and stayed 5 days prior to the cruise.  I booked a water taxi online to take us from hotel in Venice to transit center to get our bus by RC to Ravenna.   It is closer to book your RC shuttle bus from Tronchetta transit area than the airport in my opinion.  Was easy.  The water taxi took us right next to where the buses left and was very short walk.  After cruise we also took RC shuttle bus back to Marco Polo airport.  Then took a  taxi  (about 10  Euro) to a hotel in area.   And same thing back to airport the next day.  Was easy and inexpensive.  The hotels can also arrange your transfers for you, our hotel charged 7 euro for transportation to/from airport.   I did not have a flight, going or coming, that was same day as cruise.  That is not necessary.  My travel agent booked the RC shuttles for us. 

I did not want to have to deal with my luggage for any distance and this all worked out perfect.  The ride to Ravenna took about 3 hours, but ride back took 2 hours.  Maybe it was the time of day? 

Ty Linda! This is so helpful! I’m going in Sept on a solo trip and I was so anxious about the transportation! They just said Venice City center when I booked the shuttle….any suggestions on a hotel in Venice??? Ty again!!

On 10/13/2022 at 4:37 PM, Linda R said:

I just returned from a cruise out of Ravenna.  We went to Venice and stayed 5 days prior to the cruise.  I booked a water taxi online to take us from hotel in Venice to transit center to get our bus by RC to Ravenna.   It is closer to book your RC shuttle bus from Tronchetta transit area than the airport in my opinion.  Was easy.  The water taxi took us right next to where the buses left and was very short walk.  After cruise we also took RC shuttle bus back to Marco Polo airport.  Then took a  taxi  (about 10  Euro) to a hotel in area.   And same thing back to airport the next day.  Was easy and inexpensive.  The hotels can also arrange your transfers for you, our hotel charged 7 euro for transportation to/from airport.   I did not have a flight, going or coming, that was same day as cruise.  That is not necessary.  My travel agent booked the RC shuttles for us. 

I did not want to have to deal with my luggage for any distance and this all worked out perfect.  The ride to Ravenna took about 3 hours, but ride back took 2 hours.  Maybe it was the time of day? 

Ty Linda! This is great info!!! Any suggestions on hotels in Venice??

On 6/4/2023 at 7:35 AM, dougs78 said:

It is far from painless. We stayed in Venice 2 nights before and took a water taxi from the hotel to the Tranchetto. That part was easy and even fun. However, once we arrived at the Tranchetto around 10:15 we joined a line that stretched about 500 meters back. Hundreds and hundreds of guests, all standing in a line along a fence with no shade or cover. The line moved incredibly slowly. Around 11:30 we finally had our turn to board a bus. 

We stopped at a small rest stop in a rural area about an hour in. We were told we had a 15 stop, but given the lines for the bathroom were so long (and you had to pay), we waited more like 30 minutes. 

Overall,  I would give it 0 stars and would recommend avoiding if you can find any other option.  It's a shameful thing for an RCL organized excursion.

If booking again on a Ravenna cruise I would never stay in Venice before or after. It's just too far away and too hard to get there. If you are already booked into Venice (understandable given the cruise says it goes from Venice (Ravenna), I would look at all other options. 

How much was the restroom facility?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are leaving out of "Venice" in October and Venice is listed as our Day 1 on this cruise. Royal Caribbean will NOT provide ground transportation to the ship (Ravenna) from Venice. They will only provide transportation from/to the airports. I find this very frustrating since we made all our plans around having Venice being our Day 1. We will be arriving the day prior and had planned on spending a day in Venice before getting on the ship. Now I'm told we have to get our own transportation to the ship in Ravenna. I'm at a loss as to why they are even calling Venice a port or referring to is as Day 1.

47 minutes ago, Mary B said:

We are leaving out of "Venice" in October and Venice is listed as our Day 1 on this cruise. Royal Caribbean will NOT provide ground transportation to the ship (Ravenna) from Venice. They will only provide transportation from/to the airports. I find this very frustrating since we made all our plans around having Venice being our Day 1. We will be arriving the day prior and had planned on spending a day in Venice before getting on the ship. Now I'm told we have to get our own transportation to the ship in Ravenna. I'm at a loss as to why they are even calling Venice a port or referring to is as Day 1.

They provide a paid shuttle service from Tronchetto/Venice city center.  You have to call air to sea to book or have your travel agent book for you.

On 6/23/2023 at 10:25 AM, Jelena said:

Has any one got the train from venice to Ravenna for the cruise ship. I booked early morning to be there at lunch time. I am worried about the train schedule. Has anyone else had a problem or should we leave the night before to be safe. 

There have been known travel strikes in Italy this summer which involves, trains, airport workers, security etc. They are planned and announced ahead of time, so be aware of those as well.  I would opt for the day before to be safe.

2 hours ago, MLH said:

They provide a paid shuttle service from Tronchetto/Venice city center.  You have to call air to sea to book or have your travel agent book for you.

I can confirm this - we were given options for our August cruise both the day of the cruise: 1) from Marco Polo airport $45 pp or 2) from Venice city centre $58pp.  I spoke with someone at the regular RCCL booking number and while they initially said transportation is only from the airport, when I pushed back they put me on hold and came and confirmed both options and we booked accordingly.  Call back until you get someone who can give you correct information.