Oasis of the Seas Capacity & Royal Up

octaviocloss

Hey fellow cruisers, good morning. About to board our 4th cruise after the restart, this will be the Oasis of the seas from Cape Liberty (October 2nd). Flying from Argentina to New York next Sunday.

We did Royal Up on our last 3 cruises with pretty much minimum bids, but all those cruises were at Max 60% occupancy (OY was like 20% right at restart). 

I was wondering how crowded and occupied is Oasis nowadays, to settle up my royal up bids in a better position. Its going to be our first time departing from this particular port, any tips for us? Thank you so much, this is our last cruise before turning Diamond Plus!

I just got off the Oasis on Sunday.  They were over 100 percent occupancy.  This was our first time on an Oasis class ship and it did not feel too crowded most of the time.  I was pleasantly surprised about that.  I was able to get lounge chairs near the pool and was pleasantly surprised. There are some lines for main dining room and wind jammer especially the first couple of days.  Then I think people realized all the other places you might want to get lunch.  We live in NJ and I have to say getting to the port was a breeze.  Once you get near the ship, there was a wait to finally get to the ship but not too bad.  We took our own luggage getting off the ship.   We left our room around 715 and I walked basically right off the ship and to my car and was home in about an hour and my house is an hour away.  Shows were busy and I suggest reserving all the shows you want that first day. I would suggest if you do Mytime dining that you do that before you go on the ship.  If you do any specialty dining I would suggest doing as soon as you get on the ship as they were limited in the spots open.   I did not try royal up this time, but I did talk to a guy who did 'win' the royal up he was going for.  I have no idea what his bid was thou.  Enjoy your cruise. 

4 hours ago, Richie said:

Well, we had 5 family members in 2 cabins.. sailed on Oasis Aug 21-28.. it was PACKED... last week of summer, lots of kids.. Chaos on my time dining lines.. BTW, my wife 2X vaxed 2X boosted, got COVID... my daughter is vaxed as well and she got it too... we cancelled our remaining cruises... BEWARE !!!!

Another one of these. Oh boy 

Well, we had 5 family members in 2 cabins.. sailed on Oasis Aug 21-28.. it was PACKED... last week of summer, lots of kids.. Chaos on my time dining lines.. BTW, my wife 2X vaxed 2X boosted, got COVID... my daughter is vaxed as well and she got it too... we cancelled our remaining cruises... BEWARE !!!!

So it wasn’t the plane flight or the Uber on the way to the airport or the bar/restaurant before the cruise or the ride to the port in the jam packed hotel bus or the max capacity tour bus in Cozumel filled with tequila on the way to a packed beach but it was Oasis of the seas? And now you have made a decision to cancel all your remaining cruises because your 2X vaccinated family got Covid “allegedly” from Oasis of the seas? Maybe I’m jaded but this might be a miscalculation and a slight overreaction………. 

I'm sorry that your family members got COVID Richie, it really sucks. But would you not have been just as exposed at a crowded land resort, which also would have been packed the last week of summer vacation? Or DisneyWorld or any other family vacation destination? Yes, cruises are back to being crowded, but the point that @tonyfsu21 is making completely valid - you were and are exposed many other places to every germ out there, not just COVID.

18 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

So it wasn’t the plane flight or the Uber on the way to the airport or the bar/restaurant before the cruise or the ride to the port in the jam packed hotel bus or the max capacity tour bus in Cozumel filled with tequila on the way to a packed beach but it was Oasis of the seas? And now you have made a decision to cancel all your remaining cruises because your 2X vaccinated family got Covid “allegedly” from Oasis of the seas? Maybe I’m jaded but this might be a miscalculation and a slight overreaction………. 

I got COVID after my June cruise. I am also vaxed and fully boosted. We had to test before cruising still then. But then after you get your negative result everyone is out and traveling to the cruise on planes, in hotels, in restaurants - and it just sucks but it happens. I'm more inclined to think I got it walking through O'Hare or Newark than on the ship, but I will never know. I was grateful that it seemed to be the mild summer variant and was feeling great again in a few days - AND planning my next cruise!!!