Jump to content

ArriveCAN for Northeast to Canada


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

I don’t think anyone said it was only for Alaskan cruises. It is required for any entry to Canada which would include the East coast.

yes, some had made an inquiry on the Alaskan pages....
Of course it makes sense it is needed....It's not like it says ArriveCANWest....
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

When we did our crossing from Seattle into Vancouver, the border agent did not ask to see any ArriveCan information.   My mother attempted to show the agent, and was told 'I already have that'.  The real question around the ArriveCan is if people do not have it, what will the agent do at this point?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Peter D said:

The real question around the ArriveCan is if people do not have it, what will the agent do at this point?

At the land border, the CBSA agent will ask the same questions that are on the ArriveCan app and you will have to present proof of vaccination.

They may send you to secondary inspection to complete that just to not hold up the general line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Well, did the arriveCAN and no one asked for it,

we did have to do a customs form for Canada. It had to be turned in by day 2, noon, on our 2nd day. 

The ArriveCAN info is linked to your passport so when the agent scans your passport they see the ArriveCAN information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 11:24 AM, Rose City Cruiser said:

At the land border, the CBSA agent will ask the same questions that are on the ArriveCan app and you will have to present proof of vaccination.

They may send you to secondary inspection to complete that just to not hold up the general line.

On 6/6/2022 at 9:03 AM, Peter D said:

When we did our crossing from Seattle into Vancouver, the border agent did not ask to see any ArriveCan information.   My mother attempted to show the agent, and was told 'I already have that'.  The real question around the ArriveCan is if people do not have it, what will the agent do at this point?

According to the government website you can be denied boarding...fined..or jailed in covid camps. A least for us lucky Canadian citizens that's what it states.

 

I wouldn't take a chance arriving without it....if you forget or cant get it done..be safer to STAY on the boat...till all this nonsense is over.

 

Oh, and keep in mind that they are able to and do track you using the app. So if you do download it, delete as soon as you leave Canada.

 

Big Brother is always watching....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree its a trivial effort, but my issue has more to do with need to give my personal medical information to a foreign government.  I did it, because i wanted to go to Alaska, but I was not happy to do so.  I will be happy when they drop it, and I will not be going back to Canada until they do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...