Belongings during Excursions

First time cruisers. What do we do with our personal belongings when at port and we are swimming at beach or doing excursions?  Not sure I’m comfortable leaving my bag sitting on beach when I’m the water. 

2 hours ago, Kara said:

Not sure I’m comfortable leaving my bag sitting on beach when I’m the water. 

Don't bring anything valuable with you off the ship or have someone in your party take turns watching the bag.

I bring a waterproof phone holder and keep it and my ID/SeaPass/cash/credit cards with me when I do any water activities off of the ship.  

11 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Don't bring anything valuable with you off the ship or have someone in your party take turns watching the bag.

I bring a waterproof phone holder and keep it and my ID/SeaPass/cash/credit cards with me when I do any water activities off of the ship.  

This is what we do. I have a smaller one for just cards too if I don't feel the need to bring my phone.

We usually take a backpack with all of our towels and stuff.  We will wrap the straps around our chair and attach them back to the backpack...The more straps the better.  Cover with a towel when we are away from our chairs.  It's only going to stop someone from quickly grabbing the backpack and walking off with it.  Lets face it, if a thief wants your stuff...They are going to get it.

18 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

This is what we do as well. 

21 hours ago, Kara said:

First time cruisers. What do we do with our personal belongings when at port and we are swimming at beach or doing excursions?  Not sure I’m comfortable leaving my bag sitting on beach when I’m the water. 

To reinforce the other comments, in foreign ports we never leave our belongings unattended.  At Coco Cay or on the ship, it's a bit safer.  I would never leave my seapass unattended at Coco Cay or Labadee, but I have seen folks just clip lanyards to their chairs.  We can help each other by taking note of those around us....