No lobster tails allowed in CK???

Pooch

We were told on Odyssey that they are trying to get away from bringing food from the MDR into other venues.  In October on Allure they brought us lobsters in Giovanni's - in February the waiter was not allowed to bring them into Giovanni's table (although he really wanted to for us). I understood and was ok with it.

Personally, I’ve always thought it was ridiculous for people to go to a specialty restaurant on the ship and then expect the servers there to go get them food from somewhere else.  I’m not trying to be rude, but they work hard enough.  I can go buy lobster at home, but if I need to eat it that badly on my cruise, I’ll go to the MDR to eat it when it’s the night for it …….. or else I’ll go eat at Hooked Seafood and order it there.

When we were on Oasis in Dec 2019, the CK manager first told us that he could not bring food into the CK from another restaurant due to “health restrictions “, which I knew was BS, but I thanked him and didn’t say anything more about it.  Then my cream of mushroom soup suddenly appeared anyway.  I was very grateful.  I’m not sure if it was b/c we were Star Class but I don’t doubt that they are trying to stop bringing food in from other venues.

As for the MDR lobster on lobster night,  in the past, they always had a hefty supply on hand in the CK so it really was not a big imposition to ask for those. They get that request so often that they are prepared for it.  No big deal.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

When we were on Oasis in Dec 2019, the CK manager first told us that he could not bring food into the CK from another restaurant due to “health restrictions “, which I knew was BS, but I thanked him and didn’t say anything more about it.  Then my cream of mushroom soup suddenly appeared anyway.  I was very grateful.  I’m not sure if it was b/c we were Star Class but I don’t doubt can that they are trying to stop bringing food in from other venues.

As for the MDR lobster on lobster night,  in the past, they always had a hefty supply on hand in the CK so it really was not a big imposition to ask for those. They get that request so often that they are prepared for it.  No big deal.

We were also on HM on 20 Feb cruise and were told they do not travel Lobster into CK, first time in 5 other times eating in CK that we could not have the lobster brought in from MDR. 

I first thought it was because night 6 we were at Perfect day so the MDR moved lobster to night 7.   Us and another couple went to MDR although 30 minutes late for early seating, we ask the Maître D if he could squeeze us in for lobster.  He did, and it worked out great. 6

My fall back was to go back to my CLS cabin and order 8 meals delivered to the room.  Seems odd that they don't just offer that as an option in CK when i know numerous folks ask for it. 

But then again after 6 cruises eating exclusively in CK when in suites, I now find that some nights I'd just as soon have a MDR meal, it just the atmosphere is so much better in Oasis class CK than in MDR.  Oh the first world problems we face.

11 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Could the genie swing it? Or just order room service from the MDR. Have some delivered to the suite as an appetizer then go to dinner at CK or vice versa? 

I would probably count on option #2 (having it delivered to your suite) as it seems that they are trying to stop the cross-restaurant delivery.  I can understand this...

As somebody new to cruising, I'm trying to read up before my first cruise.

I need some help in understanding it since I must be missing something here. Why would I prefer one restaurant but the food from another place? Is this like going to Burger King and asking for a Coke and if they could go to the other side of the street to McDonald's and get me a Big Mac?

Why would I want to do that? Is it because desserts are better in one place and the main course in another restaurant? Or???

28 minutes ago, ckruetze said:

I need some help in understanding it since I must be missing something here. Why would I prefer one restaurant but the food from another place? Is this like going to Burger King and asking for a Coke and if they could go to the other side of the street to McDonald's and get me a Big Mac?

Why would I want to do that? Is it because desserts are better in one place and the main course in another restaurant? Or???

A lot of people don't want to miss out on lobster night, but really prefer eating at a different restaurant.  Coastal Kitchen is a smaller, more intimate venue, and only open to suite guests, and those who have access to it really like it.   They just want to add the lobster tail to their dinner on lobster night.

1 hour ago, ckruetze said:

In my case, it’s because my husband would like the scallops in CK and I want the MDR lobster tails.  Both venues are complementary for us and this was previously allowed according to many here.  

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

In my case, it’s because my husband would like the scallops in CK and I want the MDR lobster tails.  Both venues are complementary for us and this was previously allowed according to many here.  

Personally, I would just ask the Concierge if it is possible to get lobster tails delivered to the CK for that meal.  Whatever the answer, you will decide how to proceed.  ...and as was suggested above, you can always get the MDR lobster tails delivered to your suite and then go and pick up the scallops from the CK and bring them back.  A bit more complicated but it would work !