When do my posts no longer need approval?

Done

The boards used have some sort of algorithm in place, didn't spend a lot of time looking at it but one of the mods should be able to make an adjustment on a case by case basis.  https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/451190-registered-member-cant-post-without-moderator-approval/ talks about it.

17 hours ago, MuttMutt said:

one of the mods should be able to make an adjustment on a case by case basis

Yup. I've been doing that with folks as I catch them. I believe @Matt turned this on to catch those fly-by spammers whose first posts were always some bit of randomness. Usually the message board patrons are on top of it and report them, but this moderation queue has definitely helped stop those in their tracks.

Sounds good.  I am honestly surprised the programmers haven't implemented a post threshold where post no longer need approval rather than requiring mods to make the fix.  Usually on the forums I have dealt with you can set it at whatever number you want and then they are good to go unless they post a bunch of spam at which point mods will have already seen a lot of it and killed the user or they start posting some spam due to a hack or something at which point they are back on 'probation' again.

13 hours ago, MuttMutt said:

I am honestly surprised the programmers haven't implemented a post threshold where post no longer need approval rather than requiring mods to make the fix

They do have it set up that way..whether it's a post count threshold or time since joining or a combo, I don't know. People do eventually get automatically moved from the moderation queue.

I just know it's simple for me to catch it and manually remove them so might as well do it when I can.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 10:30 AM, AshleyDillo said:

Yup. I've been doing that with folks as I catch them. I believe @Matt turned this on to catch those fly-by spammers whose first posts were always some bit of randomness. Usually the message board patrons are on top of it and report them, but this moderation queue has definitely helped stop those in their tracks.

I was wondering about this myself.  Thanks for the explanation.

2 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Hmm, that's just what a Spam bot would say!

Have to agree with this.  Make sure you check the box below that says not a spammer and complete the ten anti spam checks available so you don't have your access removed.

1847985155_clickme.gif.6a5602fd730366967950bf8e01fbfe15.gif