Minimum age to book a cabin?

Twomuffins

40 minutes ago, Twomuffins said:

Thank you Ashley.

We were planning on Oasis of the sea sailing with our 19 year old granddaughter. We were hoping she could have her own cabin but according to your link that doesn't seem possible since we are not the parent or the guardian.

She can not book her own but you can book as her guardian. I believe it has to be a close by room. They let minor children be in a room without a parent as long as the parents or guardian are nearby. 

How many adults are going on the cruise? Another option is to split the adults, put her in a room with one of you, and then just let her stay alone in the second room once you're onboard. Say it's you and your spouse, you would put you and your daughter in one room and your spouse in another. Once you're onboard, there's no one bed checking to see who sleeps where!

10 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Under 21 must be in a room adjoining or directly across or in a connecting interior door.

one way you could work around is to book your spouse in the second room, your granddaughter with you and then just get extra seapass cards from guest services.

Will Guest Services issue extra seapass cards? I had a defective card one time and they gave me a new one but they destroyed the defective one. If I say that I lost my card won't they just deactivate the original one?

12 minutes ago, Twomuffins said:

Will Guest Services issue extra seapass cards? I had a defective card one time and they gave me a new one but they destroyed the defective one. If I say that I lost my card won't they just deactivate the original one?

They will issue additional room access only cards that have no charging privileges if you request them. 

2 hours ago, Twomuffins said:

What AshleyDillo said.  It is a "spare key" or "extra key".  It is not for room charges.  I've gotten them for 10 years.....you can get as many as you need.

Thank you all so much. This makes things a lot easier. Plus - this will eliminate the adjoining room criteria since the sailing is filling up fast.

Also, I can't remember what agency is affiliated with Matt and this message board. I always ran my bookings through cruisecompete.com and got some great OBC offers on the booking. I would like to get a quote from the agency that others use here.

31 minutes ago, Twomuffins said:

Thank you all so much. This makes things a lot easier. Plus - this will eliminate the adjoining room criteria since the sailing is filling up fast.

Also, I can't remember what agency is affiliated with Matt and this message board. I always ran my bookings through cruisecompete.com and got some great OBC offers on the booking. I would like to get a quote from the agency that others use here.

MEI Travel - if you go to the home page (www.royalcaribbeanblog.com) there's a yellow form on the right-hand side of the page that you can fill out.  Someone from MEI will get back with you.

I personally wouldn't expect a travel agent to offer OBC right now.  They were without income throughout the height of the pandemic.  Sure, a big company might be able to offer it, but I personally want the commission to go to a small-business owner AND the service that big companies give does not compare to what I get through my MEI agent.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...