Single Dining in MDR

Rocky

In MDR can you request a table just for yourself, or are you assigned a table with others?  I always prefer eating alone, not much of a conversationalist, I’m afraid, so that’s why I’ve always eaten at the buffet.  I like to eat and go and not have to wait until others have finished.  It seems rude just to get up and go while the others are still eating and socializing.   But if Windjammer on Odyssey of the Seas is still closed for dinner (supper) in January, I need to find other venues for my evening meal.

I almost always cruise solo and I've always requested for a solo table (both for breakfast and dinner) at the MDR.  On my last sailing on the Allure, due to the reduced capacity, I got to enjoy a VERY SOLO dinner. Believe it or not, this picture was taken at 7PM, one of the busiest times on My Time Dining before COVID.

IMG_5149.thumb.JPG.282326af4b528573162e7abb0b2a4db6.JPG

I began my Oasis cruise a couple of weeks ago on My Time Dining in the MDR. They put me at a table for two that was a booth-style seat on one side and a regular chair on the other. I was seated on the booth side, and there was a couple at the table on my right. (I ended up spending most of the cruise attached to the dining reservation of a group of fellow solo cruisers I met, and we all ate at a standard 8-person round table.

For breakfast, I was always at a two-person table, often with the same booth-seat setup, though I had a few days where I was at a table with two traditional chairs, and tables were spread out a bit.