The Passport Game

Wilson

4 hours ago, Renee600 said:

Applied the first week of December. A few new applicants, a few renewals. Had them before Christmas. About 3 weeks. No expedited service no expedited shipping. Time frame varies by post office. Do a little research on town social media websites. This was my process and I went to a post office that people commented had fast turn around times. Nothing is a guarantee, but it worked for us. 

I do t understand how the post office has anything to do with it.  They mail the package out for processing.  Am I missing something? 

On 1/26/2022 at 2:23 AM, HeWhoWaits said:

If you're getting a refund, you're doing it wrong! That's like giving the government an interest-free loan on YOUR money.

What interest?  That’s old way thinking?  Interest rates paid to consumers are close to Zero. I would rather get a refund than owe more to the IRS.

On 1/26/2022 at 2:23 AM, HeWhoWaits said:

On 2/13/2022 at 11:28 PM, silenttuba said:

Lost my old passport, so I had to reapply. Wife sent hers in for renewal. Expedited service (not shipping) for both. Both sent in on Jan. 27. Mine is "In Process" as of Feb. 8th, hers as of Feb. 9th. We sail on April 10th, so I feel pretty confident that we'll get them in plenty of time.

Shipped today, expected delivery by Saturday, 2/19. We'll be out of town this weekend, so it should be waiting for me when I get home on Sunday!

On 2/15/2022 at 4:09 PM, SemperMom said:

My application was approved!!! And, I can expect my passport on or about 2/22. Hubs is still a couple days behind it looks like. Thats not bad at all. 3 weeks looks to be about standard. Way better than 8-11. lol 

Got it! on the 17th. lol a day sooner than even informed delivery stated. Now if only my husbands would hurry up and get here. 

On 2/16/2022 at 7:49 PM, silenttuba said:

Shipped today, expected delivery by Saturday, 2/19. We'll be out of town this weekend, so it should be waiting for me when I get home on Sunday!

Wife’s passport delivered on Thursday, the 17th. Mine came yesterday (Saturday), the 19th. Both applications were sent out on 1/27, so 21 days for hers, 23 for mine. Really happy to have them already, because we check in for our cruise on Thursday!

on a side note, has anyone else gotten a “next generation” passport? My wife got the normal one, but mine is a new type, with a hard plastic ID page, and a bunch of new security features. Didn’t even know that was a thing!