Post COVID Shutdown GTY Room Assignments - Limited capacity sailings

Sailing Allure 10/24/2021, first post ever after reading many.  Thanks for the great discussions.  Booked a GTY balcony XB category back in May, 61 days out and no assignment activity as of yet.  Interesting how much it can vary, but it has me thinking of reasons.  I think booking price has an impact on priority of assignment and Royal Up offers.  I booked awhile ago and would love a Royal Up opportunity, but would like a room assignment first.  Does anyone else think that by paying more up front leads to quicker room assignment and increased offers to Royal Up?

2 hours ago, adclay33 said:

To my surprise, got our cabin assignment today, interior, deck 12, so no upgrade from my GTY (interior guarantee, which of course is fine!), and assigned 12 days from sailing on Allure. Now to wait and see what happens with our RoyalUp bids!

I’m also on the 9/5 AOS, I have a GTY for OV Balcony, so far, crickets.

@KentNope, I don't think it matters as RoyalUp is a third party vendor. I also don't think when you book(early, close-in etc) or where (interior, balcony, suite etc) you book has anything to do with when they assign rooms.

I do think capacity and inventory determines when rooms are assigned. Maybe even C&A status might have something to do with it. RCG algorithms seem to be all over the place. My guess is they try to sell all the higher cabin categories first, then if bookings are slim and/or close to capacity they start assigning rooms. I would hope they would offer some of the better cabins to those who practice loyalty and then randomly assign the rest.

1 hour ago, EvilDuncan said:

Does anyone know if your status affects your chances of getting an upgrade? We are Diamond Plus and I was curious if it would help at all.

I've heard/been told that status does not matter, it's availability. Then again, nobody really knows how Royal does things at times! ?

36 minutes ago, Kamehameah said:

Harmony OTS of 2 September... still no cabin.

And when I try the Royal Up... I get this message: " Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days
Please ensure there are no errors in the information you entered"

I’d guess there are no Royal Up opportunities available. 

We are sailing September 3rd and still have no cabin assignment.   A lot can happen between now and then, so we’re not concerned. 

Our Balcony Guarantee assignment for our 9/3 Adventure sailing showed up today...Balcony cabin #6568

Grand Suite bid is expired, Junior Suite bid is still pending.   We did our Royal Up bids on July 7th.

It's possible we could get a Junior Suite upgrade, but if not, we are content with the cabin we've been assigned.

Our balcony guarantee got us a connecting stateroom balcony aft location, near the stern on deck 7 Independence of the Seas 9/12 /21 cruise.   That location is fine with us.

As far as the connecting stateroom, we have had these rooms several times before and have never noticed any noise.

We are thrilled to have saved major bucks by selecting the guarantee category. 

9 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Let us know how it plays out when you check in at the port! They will have blank luggage tags but I don't know how that works if it still doesn't show you a room number morning of the cruise!

sure I will keep you updated. When I will be there and they will ask for my luggage, I will say " I don't have a cabin, so where will go my luggage?"

10 minutes ago, Kamehameah said:

sure I will keep you updated. When I will be there and they will ask for my luggage, I will say " I don't have a cabin, so where will go my luggage?"

That is my thought exactly. You can't give the porters your luggage before you have a cabin number.