RC Very Quiet

Odd that RC havent released any response to the latest CDC guidance?

Frustrating for me as I need to know asap whether my cruise from Port Canaveral will happen at end of August, as I'm travelling from the UK I would need to find alternative accommodation for the week assuming Biden lets me in!

I imagine it's a lot easier navigating a ship through an ocean filled with icebergs compared to navigating the CDC here in America.

So much so, no cruise line has announced plans for US sailings, yet.

Celebrity has hinted at some news soon so if that comes before Royal we'll get a glimpse at what another brand is thinking for the US market.

4 hours ago, icf75 said:

Frustrating for me as I need to know asap whether my cruise from Port Canaveral will happen at end of August, as I'm travelling from the UK I would need to find alternative accommodation for the week assuming Biden lets me in!

Unfortunately i think the response was "huh?" followed by "$@#^%$&^&%$" currently trending to "So, WTF do we do now ..."

All while hoping for a miracle at court tomorrow.

They talked about it the day after the letter was sent during earnings call, but RC typically doesn't talk about policies until there is an impetus to do so. 

I believe part of it is digesting the changes, part of it is working internally and with the CDC to get answers on issues, and part of it is straight up voodoo.

Typically, CLIA speaks more so on what the CDC is or is not doing, rather than Royal Caribbean.  We may get little nuggets of information in a Richard Fain video, but they rarely take time to address what the CDC is doing directly.

6 hours ago, icf75 said:

I'm assuming your issue is the need to purchase airfare.  If so, I'd strongly suggest using Air2Sea.  If the cruise is cancelled, I believe you will get your money back.

24 minutes ago, steverk said:

I'm assuming your issue is the need to purchase airfare.  If so, I'd strongly suggest using Air2Sea.  If the cruise is cancelled, I believe you will get your money back.

I agree with your suggestion but the problem I see with Royal being so quiet lately is that people dont want to tie up their funds even if they were to get a full refund. 

Hopefully, Royal will come out with some more information this week regarding Summer cruises so those of us with booked sailing have time to make a informed decision and be able to pivot to other vacation plans