UK domestic cruises given green light

2 hours ago, Nospmas said:

Where do you think that leaves Anthem sailings from Southampton as she is already in vicinity.?

Royal Caribbean's head of the UK has said he expects Anthem to sail.  Hard to tell if that's marketing or reality. But thus far, it seems like he has a chance for it.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Royal Caribbean's head of the UK has said he expects Anthem to sail.  Hard to tell if that's marketing or reality. But thus far, it seems like he has a chance for it.

I wonder what % occupancy they have sold for the 3 big summer cruises on Anthem (there are 3 x 2 week long cruises that make up the school summer holidays).  Judging on the price point these cruises are currently sitting on I think they've probably sold a lot.  And considering these prices shot up this much almost a year ago, I think a lot of people had shifted 2020 summer cruises to this years.  If they've sold near 100% occupancy and need to reduce to 50% is...I reckon there will be a blood bath across here in the UK, as all of us want is a summer holiday ?

I'm on tender hooks ... 

I'm expecting RCI to cancel Anthem and launch new itineraries (poss on harmony)...my issue with RCI is how long they are still taking on FCC, which I can see being a real big problem in the UK.

I have almost £15000 (approx $21k) paid out to RCI at the moment on cruises for this year and next year (mainly on 2021 paid cruises).  Like a lot of other Brits I'm going to need the FCC or refund from cancelled 2021 sailings in order to rebook on new itineraries (and really want a break)...

I can see RCI massively mis-managing this one and lots of upset customers...

I think Royal are desperately holding on to the hope they can do the European circuit because they know domestic cruising for the big ships will not be viable, and that UK customers will be likely to cancel. if noone else is allowed into the UK that shreds any hope of profit and they simply cant run a ship at a loss now.

honestly i dont know what i would do now if they turned around and said ok your june itinerary is changed to  UK ok or ship only..its paid for and its a solid holiday without going outside the uk but still...would it be worth it.

2 hours ago, Royale said:

I think Royal are desperately holding on to the hope they can do the European circuit because they know domestic cruising for the big ships will not be viable, and that UK customers will be likely to cancel. if noone else is allowed into the UK that shreds any hope of profit and they simply cant run a ship at a loss now.

honestly i dont know what i would do now if they turned around and said ok your june itinerary is changed to  UK ok or ship only..its paid for and its a solid holiday without going outside the uk but still...would it be worth it.

I have a June cruise for just me and I'm just wanting to swapmy home office and not have to cook etc....

The July cruise with the kids is all about the mega ship, not really going to miss any port stops...

So, my issue is being able to actually have a valid booking that will sail... need to be able to "lift & shift" to new ship or new itinerary... can't make a brand new booking with fresh cash, need FCC from May cruises to come through.  I also need for them to be more flexible about whose name the FCC is in (as I  paying for all and it's my bloomin' money!) and who I can apply the FCC to on a booking....

The UK could be the 1st place they "cancel2change" itineraries all within the same homeport - hope they recognise the difference here and offer more flexible (loyalty based) options...

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Will we have another instance of Celebrity announcing first, and then Royal Caribbean? (similar to how Millennium was announced right before Adventure)

We hope so, would rather sail with RC on either Anthem or Harmony (depending on which rumour you believe) but failing that Celebrity will do just fine ?

6 hours ago, em.down.the.rabbit.hole said:

I'm expecting RCI to cancel Anthem and launch new itineraries (poss on harmony)

My guess was they would cancel the Anthem itineraries and maybe use Anthem as the UK domestic cruise option.  I am not familiar with the potential UK ports and whether they all could take a ship as large as Anthem, though.  

1 hour ago, em.down.the.rabbit.hole said:

All the cruises going around the British Isles is cruising only...no ship will be allowed to dock in ports other than embarkation port (but this could change in the future)

That's not the case, most of the cruise lines have said they'll have ports, just ports in the UK. MSC will let you get on at one of three ports on it's cruises. Ports listed so far include Belfast, Portland, Liverpool and Glasgow.

14 minutes ago, Brogan said:

I am hearing a lot of talk that Harmony will be the ship Royal place in the UK offering cruises to nowhere most likely. If they did I would book in a heartbeat, that would be amazing.

I'm getting an ever-stronger feeling that my September cruise on Harmony is toast. ?