Royal Caribbean Blog

NEW- ROYAL CARIBBEAN ANNOUNCES UPDATES TO 2021 SUMMER CRUISES

13 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Darn. There goes my corner GS on Brilliance. Indy doesn’t have one like that. Now what to do? I like the corner GS on Brilliance but I also like the 8 night itinerary. I could keep similar itinerary and let them move me to Indy, or keep the cabin and move to Brilliance out of Tampa. Any thoughts anyone?

Indy has the very nice 2 bedroom gs aft.  You may be able to request those. 

53 minutes ago, MLH said:

Indy has the very nice 2 bedroom gs aft.  You may be able to request those. 

LOL!  Great minds think alike!  I had already mentioned this to my TA.  There is a very specific one I had in mind or I am jumping ship back to Brilliance, especially since they got rid of St. Lucia.

58 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

LOL!  Great minds think alike!  I had already mentioned this to my TA.  There is a very specific one I had in mind or I am jumping ship back to Brilliance, especially since they got rid of St. Lucia.

My tennis team stayed in the 2 aft ones on deck 6 and opened up the divider.  It was so nice to have such a large space and the upgraded interior   They all want to do it again.  For most of them it was the first time in a Suite.  Keep in mind the hot tub is not hot.  Just water.  It has no unit to keep the water hot.

From our TA this morning, as far as cabin placement. Brilliance to Independence, May 2021. 

"I'll be watching to see where they end up placing you though...The cruise line says there is really nothing to do until the assignment is made which should be done by the 28th, maybe sooner.

I think we have to wait."

Still waiting for my email from Royal regarding our 6/19 Brilliance sailing. My cruise planner doesn’t reflect the change yet. My only big concern now is that we had 2 side by side staterooms booked on Brilliance because our kids will be in one room with my husband and I nextdoor. Hopefully this doesn’t cause an issue when they move us to Indy. I thankfully have an awesome TA who will handle this for me if it’s an issue, but I will still be on pins and needles until the switch is complete.

4 hours ago, MLH said:

I received  a dollars Off certificate. Can I apply that to an already booked cruise that I booked with a ta?

If the cruise you already booked is one that is eligible for the $$$ off coupon, then yes, you can rebook and used the $$ off coupon.  Just be aware that they will reprice your cruise and if the cruise fare has increased enough it may negate the value of your coupon.  Never hurts to try though !

46 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

If the cruise you already booked is one that is eligible for the $$$ off coupon, then yes, you can rebook and used the $$ off coupon.  Just be aware that they will reprice your cruise and if the cruise fare has increased enough it may negate the value of your coupon.  Never hurts to try though !

Thanks. We are in the quantum of the seas to Alaska and there are no more grand lofts available so maybe they won’t reprice. 

6 minutes ago, Morganno said:

ok anyone have any idea when they will post the new sailings online?

If I were in charge I would make no announcements until the sailings were posted. 

I'm not searching every day it's ridiculous. Was about to book but will now wait and see. 

E003103C-CBA8-4CDA-870C-AC788F80D639.thumb.jpeg.b1b5f52d961bc67965ceba4fe285c0bb.jpeg

23 hours ago, Firefly said:

My June 19th 8 night Brilliance sailing still shows up in my planner, but the switch to Indy will make the kids happy. Just hope I can keep my cruise planner purchases since they are keeping the itinerary and simply replacing the ship. 

Do you know for sure that the itinerary isn't changing?  The email we received for our Aug Cruise on Brilliance said that it would visit "similar destinations."

Really tempted to change our 5 night Freedom (Bermuda) to 8 night Southern Caribbean on Independence.  Similar ships (and Sky Pad for my younger one who loved it on Mariner).  Great itinerary and we could add 3 nights for almost the same price.  Think we're going to keep Freedom though with covid being so unknown as we can drive to Freedom's departure port whereas we wouldn't drive to Indy's (i.e New Jersey vs Miami).  Plus, we do really want to see Bermuda (and doesn't hurt that we got the "cheap" drink package too).  

3 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Really tempted to change our 5 night Freedom (Bermuda) to 8 night Southern Caribbean on Independence.  Similar ships (and Sky Pad for my younger one who loved it on Mariner).  Great itinerary and we could add 3 nights for almost the same price.  Think we're going to keep Freedom though with covid being so unknown as it's a departure port we could drive to if needed whereas we wouldn't drive to Miami (i.e New Jersey vs Miami).  Plus, we do really want to see Bermuda (and doesn't hurt that we got the "cheap" drink package too).  

I am on the Aug Southern Caribbean Cruise that was changed to Independence.  I am happy about the ship change, but a little nervous about any possible itinerary changes and cabin reassignment.  

14 minutes ago, LCinPDX said:

I am on the Aug Southern Caribbean Cruise that was changed to Independence.  I am happy about the ship change, but a little nervous about any possible itinerary changes and cabin reassignment.  

We had the 8 night Southern Caribbean itinerary that include St. Lucia.  The one change was that port of call was scrapped and now replaced with La Romana, Dominican Republic instead.  We booked because of St. Lucia so not sure if I will keep this one.

I personally would be more concerned about itinerary changes than ship changes. I know everybody has personal favorites when it comes to ships and it seems like the changes are between somewhat comparable ships. It's not like they are taking you of Brilliance and putting you on the SS Minnow! At least you're cruising, right?

4 minutes ago, FManke said:

I personally would be more concerned about itinerary changes than ship changes. I know everybody has personal favorites when it comes to ships and it seems like the changes are between somewhat comparable ships. It's not like they are taking you of Brilliance and putting you on the SS Minnow! At least you're cruising, right?

Very true.  On my roll call group for the now former 8 night Southern Caribbean sailing on Brilliance, the reaction is mixed.  Some see it as quite the upgrade because Indy is a larger class ship with way more activities.  Then there is the other camp who are not as thrilled because they booked the sailing for the itinerary.

For me personally, my feelings are quite torn on this one, assuming I can even go in July (if I can't by then my sanity is really going to go).  We booked this original sailing on Brilliance for two reasons:  St. Lucia was a port of call (have not been able to go back there since my honeymoon in 2002), and even though I am #teamOAclass, we were looking forward to sailing Brilliance again just the two of us since we have not sailed her since 2005.  To add to the excitement for this sailing, we were able to grab cabin 1600, which is a rare aft corner GS.

The swap to Indy for us means that we are back to a regular GS on Deck 10 (no aft GS on Indy), no more St. Lucia (which was pretty much the only port of call that mattered to us), and we have already sailed Indy post-amp.

The more I think about it, the more tempted I am to jump ship back to Brilliance, try to get my cabin back, and sail out of Tampa, a port that I have never had the pleasure to sail out of before. The only trade off would be that I lose one night as Brilliance will only be doing 4, 5, 7 night sailings.

You know the cruise lines had no choice about the 2020 cruises being cancelled due to the pandemic and we had 7 that hit the bricks much like many of you I’m sure. However this ship switch-a-roo is all on Royal now. Folks continued to book future cruises, rearrange flights, hotels, tours etc and to support the cruise industry and this is an unnecessary kick in the pants.  The emails I received notifying me that my April 21 Transatlantic from Galveston to Copenhagen and the following Baltic cruise May 9 had been cancelled also contained the following statement:  “These changes are being made after tapping into market research and listening to feedback and input from guests and trade partners.......” hummmm I guess after over 50 cruises with Royal I didn’t rate any input or consideration before they continued to obliterate our future cruise plans. Odd thing is the Adventures TA was almost sold out, so there’s many folks trying to figure out what to do with these darn future cruise credits or whether to jump on the ole Lift & Shift wagon AGAIN.   I didn’t think anyone could take the fun out of planning and experiencing a cruise, but it’s starting to look like RCI has a team assembled  that’s fully capeable. Right now you may be thinking your cruises are safe and you still have something to look forward to but it’s my cruises cancelled today and maybe yours tomorrow.  Sorry but it seems to be a thoughtless trend on the part of RCI and we are not being treated like valued customers.