Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Recommended Posts

So a little story here sorry in advance , I was originally booked on a Odyssey sailing for 3/2021, but that was obviously cancelled, we have since re booked on a diff cruise same week in 3/2021, but we are concerned cruising won't be 100% normal at that time, trust me I wish it was, but we are considering moving our cruise back to maybe November. March worked well because the kids were off for the week we were going etc. Looking at calendar and seem Thanksgiving would work well because we would only have to pull the kids out for say 2.5 days. So I was eyeing a few cruises that week and realized the royal caribbean blog group cruise is that week, on the Harmony, its a bit more then the other ones I am eyeing, but I have seen in the past there is some social events, excursions that happen with the group, am I correct? I am already booked with MEI, so if i do indeed switch my cruise to the group, is that still available to join in on? TIA 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cman2020 said:

So a little story here sorry in advance , I was originally booked on a Odyssey sailing for 3/2021, but that was obviously cancelled, we have since re booked on a diff cruise same week in 3/2021, but we are concerned cruising won't be 100% normal at that time, trust me I wish it was, but we are considering moving our cruise back to maybe November. March worked well because the kids were off for the week we were going etc. Looking at calendar and seem Thanksgiving would work well because we would only have to pull the kids out for say 2.5 days. So I was eyeing a few cruises that week and realized the royal caribbean blog group cruise is that week, on the Harmony, its a bit more then the other ones I am eyeing, but I have seen in the past there is some social events, excursions that happen with the group, am I correct? I am already booked with MEI, so if i do indeed switch my cruise to the group, is that still available to join in on? TIA 

Absolutely. Just tell your Agent that you would like a quote for that cruise with the group rate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Not all cabins qualify for a group rate, but if MEI has group rates for cabins in your category then definitely you can get a re-price.

I haven’t switched to it yet, was just trying to gather as much info as possible. I def like the idea of being to attend some social events, meet new ppl etc 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cman2020 said:

I haven’t switched to it yet, was just trying to gather as much info as possible. I def like the idea of being to attend some social events, meet new ppl etc 

Royal Caribbean Blog group cruises are so much fun. If you have the opportunity, definitely go. If I wasn’t teaching then, I would be on that Harmony GC in a heartbeat. 
 

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I’ve ever tried to get a group rate on a Star Class room, but I did get a group rate on an Owners Suite for the <now cancelled> Oct 2020 NE/Canada Brilliance Group Cruise.  It would have meant a very nice savings.

I find that very rarely are there group rates on the suites. The only time I ever came across one was also for the now cancelled Brilliance GC. That was for a GS. But all the other times group rates were for inside/ocean view/balconies only. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cman2020 said:

I have seen in the past there is some social events, excursions that happen with the group, am I correct?

Correct. Most events are open to all, but there are a handful of events exclusive to those that booked with MEI.

11 hours ago, cman2020 said:

I am already booked with MEI, so if i do indeed switch my cruise to the group, is that still available to join in on?

You should be fine in terms of events and being part of the group (in the social sense). As @Lovetocruise2002 said, sometimes certain rooms cant be in the group rate, but if you are booked with MEI, they know you're in and will have same opportunities as someone with a group rate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Correct. Most events are open to all, but there are a handful of events exclusive to those that booked with MEI.

You should be fine in terms of events and being part of the group (in the social sense). As @Lovetocruise2002 said, sometimes certain rooms cant be in the group rate, but if you are booked with MEI, they know you're in and will have same opportunities as someone with a group rate.

I am looking for or at an ocean view balcony, for 2 adults, 2 kids. I am going to reach out to my agent and make the switch! Let’s get back to cruising !

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...