Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Recommended Posts

I know the Future Cruise Credit can cover cost of a future cruise if Royal cancels a previously booked cruise due to Covid-19.  What can the FCC cover? Can it be applied as part of your onboard spending account? For example, my first booking for July 5 was canceled by Royal.  I booked a 2nd cruise late September 2020.  Cost of the 2nd cruise is less mainly due to time of the year.  Other then funding the next cruise can the FCC also help pay for spa and beverages? Iys not clear on the website.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, it can only be used toward the cruise fare, which (as per @Matt's latest blog article, now includes the deposit. Any remaining FCC balance will still be available to you to put toward another cruise in the form of a revised FCC certificate.

The only way (that I know of) you can use FCC for OBC is if you opted for the 125% FCC for your OB spend on the cancelled cruise instead of the refund; however, unlike the FCC for the fare, this must be applied 100% to one cruise and any balance remaining at the end if that cruise is forfeited.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you use the FCC for a cruise that HASNT been officially cancelled yet..due to Covid 19 or construction delays??

 

My final payment is due in 6 weeks for Odyssey and I know that its not going to happen. However, I booked a non-refundable deposit.....and Royal is dragging their heels about cancelling the cruise...I would like to move my booking over to Navigator that has the same sail date. Would it work for that I wonder?

 

By Royal taking their time..they are going to screw me out of a lot of money I am sure for increased costs to book the other cruise as well as fights etc.....its getting to he point where we may have to cut our losses and walk away from any cruise in 2020.:61_sob:

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Can you use the FCC for a cruise that HASNT been officially cancelled yet..due to Covid 19 or construction delays??

My final payment is due in 6 weeks for Odyssey and I know that its not going to happen. However, I booked a non-refundable deposit.....and Royal is dragging their heels about cancelling the cruise...I would like to move my booking over to Navigator that has the same sail date. Would it work for that I wonder?

Yes.  You can L&S your Odyssey to the same time next year (+/- 4 weeks on either side) so long as the itinerary and number of days are the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes.  You can L&S your Odyssey to the same time next year (+/- 4 weeks on either side) so long as the itinerary and number of days are the same.

ok..so not an option to change it for another cruise at the same time this year. So only hope is they cancel the Odyssey in plenty of time for me to book another cruise for this Nov.....this juggling act is getting tiring.....damn Covid!!...:40_rage:

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

ok..so not an option to change it for another cruise at the same time this year. So only hope is they cancel the Odyssey in plenty of time for me to book another cruise for this Nov.....this juggling act is getting tiring.....damn Covid!!...:40_rage:

Nope.  Unfortunately, no way to do this.  ...and with the refund process taking SOOOO long, it would be a major miracle for you to get your money back in time to book another cruise by Nov.  Such a PITA

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Nope.  Unfortunately, no way to do this.  ...and with the refund process taking SOOOO long, it would be a major miracle for you to get your money back in time to book another cruise by Nov.  Such a PITA

This is where they really should leverage TAs and/or the website better.  These FCCs should be linked to a person's account so it's not so much work for RCCL to manage.  However, I truly believe they are trying flex the business accounting with the process-make things spread across months, etc.  There is probably more to it as well but frustrating all around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, CruisinUpinLife said:

This is where they really should leverage TAs and/or the website better.  These FCCs should be linked to a person's account so it's not so much work for RCCL to manage.  However, I truly believe they are trying flex the business accounting with the process-make things spread across months, etc.  There is probably more to it as well but frustrating all around.

I'm curious why credits are taking so long to process. Refunds I understand but not credits. I cancelled a United flight and received a credit right away. Refunds for paid upgrades is another story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, monctonguy said:

My final payment is due in 6 weeks for Odyssey and I know that its not going to happen. However, I booked a non-refundable deposit.....and Royal is dragging their heels about cancelling the cruise...I would like to move my booking over to Navigator that has the same sail date. Would it work for that I wonder?

Can't you just envoke CWC and move it?

Quote

Q : How are Non-Refundable Deposit bookings impacted by this policy update?
A : Non-Refundable Deposit bookings sailing on-or-before April 30th, 2022 are eligible for the Cruise with Confidence Policy and follow the same guidelines. Prior to the Final Payment deadline, guests with a Non-Refundable Deposit bookings that wish to change to a different ship or sail date can do so with no fee assessed prior to August 1, 2020 - the change fee will be waived.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Matt said:

Nope.

You can only use FCC towards Cruise Fare (and as of Monday, deposit)

I wonder why there is a difference.  I mean its money we paid and they are crediting back to us...to be spent on another cruise.  Why would they care if said money is applied to cruise fare or a spa package on their cruise. 

Thanks for the info.  I tried calling customer service gave up after a 45 min wait on the phone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kyle Buente It has to do with the type of payment and declaration of payment. I would say think of it as a restrictive coupon or bonus buck, which has no cash value over the paper it is printed on. But can, however, be used to get  x amount of value for a cruise fare. There are accounting rules for cruises that don't allow them to treat FCC as money....having value is different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Matt said:

Nope.

You can only use FCC towards Cruise Fare (and as of Monday, deposit)

So if we can use the FCC towards deposit of a new cruise, can we combine multiple FCCs into one cruise? For example, if I have two FCCs because I cancelled two cruises, can both FCCs be applied to one cruise deposit?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crazytaxman said:

So if we can use the FCC towards deposit of a new cruise, can we combine multiple FCCs into one cruise? For example, if I have two FCCs because I cancelled two cruises, can both FCCs be applied to one cruise deposit?

No, currently, the rule is 1 FCC per cruise.  With as many changes as they’ve made recently, this might change but right now, 1 FCC per cruiser per cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2020 at 12:36 PM, Ampurp85 said:

@Kyle Buente It has to do with the type of payment and declaration of payment. I would say think of it as a restrictive coupon or bonus buck, which has no cash value over the paper it is printed on. But can, however, be used to get  x amount of value for a cruise fare. There are accounting rules for cruises that don't allow them to treat FCC as money....having value is different.

So that's why you also have the option of just getting 100% cash back although may take longer than the 125% FCC. And my 2nd cruise booked for late September i doubt would have the cash back yet to cover final bill end of June...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...