Shareholder On Board Credit

I am looking for information on using the shareholder credit , my sailing is not till June of 2021 do I need to wait till May 2021 to request for this to be added to my account or can I request it now so that I can apply it to a drink package now? Or do I need to hold the stock shares until it is three weeks before my sailing ?

Thank you

Michael

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, mk-ultra said:

Just emailed shareholderbenefit@rccl.com with my latest eTrade statement for a Royal Caribbean cruise 5/9/21 and and Celebrity cruise 12/11/21 and received my shareholder OBC within 4 hours for both.

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 9.24.14 PM.png

9 hours ago, mk-ultra said:

Just emailed shareholderbenefit@rccl.com with my latest eTrade statement for a Royal Caribbean cruise 5/9/21 and and Celebrity cruise 12/11/21 and received my shareholder OBC within 4 hours for both.

Thanks for the info! Just emailed in mine! 

22 minutes ago, Mike.s said:

Just reading the T&Cs associated with the benefit, it says not available with travel agent rates, I assume you have to book direct with RC to get the benefit or am I missing something?

When they refer to “Travel Agent Rates” they are referring to special rates given to TA’s themselves, not regular passenger rates negotiated by an Agency.

3 hours ago, YellowBrickRoad said:

Thanks for the info! Just emailed in mine! 

Done! Took 3 hours and credit was applied! Thank You for such great info ??????

12 hours ago, mk-ultra said:

As a side note, despite the warning that my "credit may not immediately appear on my SeaPass folio" on the first day of my cruise, the $100 OBC for both my Royal and Celebrity cruises showed up in my planner immediately.  It's always shown up prior to my cruise, right after they acknowledged granting it.  That doesn't seem to have changed despite the new caveat.

I've requested it on cruises arranged by TAs and ones I kept directly with RCL/Celebrity.  When with the TA, I received note back stating that I would need to forgo any TA OBC to get the $100 shareholder OBC.  In that case the $100 was far less than the OBC I was receiving from the TA, so wouldn't take it.    In the case booking with RCL directly, I've had 100% success, and the $100 was posted within hours.