Jump to content
Robert B1

Adventurer of the sea

Recommended Posts

We booked a cruise on the Adventurer of the seas but all I ever see in the ads are other ships in the fleet but never the Adventurer.

Did we make a mistake?  Should we have done Allure or one of the other ships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Robert B1 said:

Did we make a mistake?

Not at all.

You're right, the commercials all showcase Royal Caribbean's newest ships.  But don't confuse the marketing department's choices as a reflection of which ships are good or bad choices.

Adventure is a fantastic ship.  The Voyager Class is wonderful, and as you likely noticed, the price for Adventure is substantially less than the brand spanking new ships.

In short, no, you did not make a mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're sailing on Adventure Saturday and have no concerns whatsoever.

There are some recent blogs posted here on this site showing current pictures of her.  You can also look for videos on You Tube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on her for a B2B Christmas/New Years 2019/2020 and she is an amazing ship!  For a ship that was built in 2001 and with the last refurbishment in 2018 I would definitely sail on her again.  Also, the staff was AMAZING!  I really like Drew the Cruise Director and the Sports Staff all top notch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Robert B1 said:

We booked a cruise on the Adventurer of the seas but all I ever see in the ads are other ships in the fleet but never the Adventurer.

Did we make a mistake?  Should we have done Allure or one of the other ships?

Some choose a cruise because of the ship.  Some choose it for the itinerary.  We have sailed the Adventure of the Seas three times mostly because my wife and I like to sail from San Juan... the Adventure was home ported there for 15 years.  Most of the big new ships do Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries out of FL, and we mostly prefer deeper Caribbean trips.

So, we have never been on one of the newbies, but we love the Adventure and now that it has moved are looking at a New England/Canada trip on her.  Without having been on an Oasis ship, we don't have a good way to compare, but we see the Voyager class as the sweet spot, not too big and not too small.  It's a beautiful ship, well kept, and cheaper as Matt mentioned.  Certainly we will get to one of the new ships one day.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RCVoyager said:

Some choose a cruise because of the ship.  Some choose it for the itinerary

We chose her for both....we were on Mariner last January when we booked.  We were very happy with the Voyager class, so we looked for one to book on. We also wanted to go to the Eastern Caribbean during our winter months. 

Everything aligned and we booked on Adventure for next week.

 

4 minutes ago, RCVoyager said:

now that it has moved are looking at a New England/Canada trip on her

When she is in Portland, Maine, I can see her across the water from where I park at work.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, teddy said:

We chose her for both....we were on Mariner last January when we booked.  We were very happy with the Voyager class, so we looked for one to book on. We also wanted to go to the Eastern Caribbean during our winter months. 

Everything aligned and we booked on Adventure for next week.

 

When she is in Portland, Maine, I can see her across the water from where I park at work.   

If we do Canada New England it will be with a larger family group, and we have some family who have never been to ME, and are looking very forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...