Adventurer of the sea

Robert B1

13 minutes ago, Robert B1 said:

Did we make a mistake?

Not at all.

You're right, the commercials all showcase Royal Caribbean's newest ships.  But don't confuse the marketing department's choices as a reflection of which ships are good or bad choices.

Adventure is a fantastic ship.  The Voyager Class is wonderful, and as you likely noticed, the price for Adventure is substantially less than the brand spanking new ships.

In short, no, you did not make a mistake.

We were on her for a B2B Christmas/New Years 2019/2020 and she is an amazing ship!  For a ship that was built in 2001 and with the last refurbishment in 2018 I would definitely sail on her again.  Also, the staff was AMAZING!  I really like Drew the Cruise Director and the Sports Staff all top notch.

8 hours ago, Robert B1 said:

We booked a cruise on the Adventurer of the seas but all I ever see in the ads are other ships in the fleet but never the Adventurer.

Did we make a mistake?  Should we have done Allure or one of the other ships?

Some choose a cruise because of the ship.  Some choose it for the itinerary.  We have sailed the Adventure of the Seas three times mostly because my wife and I like to sail from San Juan... the Adventure was home ported there for 15 years.  Most of the big new ships do Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries out of FL, and we mostly prefer deeper Caribbean trips.

So, we have never been on one of the newbies, but we love the Adventure and now that it has moved are looking at a New England/Canada trip on her.  Without having been on an Oasis ship, we don't have a good way to compare, but we see the Voyager class as the sweet spot, not too big and not too small.  It's a beautiful ship, well kept, and cheaper as Matt mentioned.  Certainly we will get to one of the new ships one day.

1 minute ago, RCVoyager said:

Some choose a cruise because of the ship.  Some choose it for the itinerary

We chose her for both....we were on Mariner last January when we booked.  We were very happy with the Voyager class, so we looked for one to book on. We also wanted to go to the Eastern Caribbean during our winter months. 

Everything aligned and we booked on Adventure for next week.

4 minutes ago, RCVoyager said:

now that it has moved are looking at a New England/Canada trip on her

When she is in Portland, Maine, I can see her across the water from where I park at work.   

50 minutes ago, teddy said:

We chose her for both....we were on Mariner last January when we booked.  We were very happy with the Voyager class, so we looked for one to book on. We also wanted to go to the Eastern Caribbean during our winter months. 

Everything aligned and we booked on Adventure for next week.

When she is in Portland, Maine, I can see her across the water from where I park at work.   

If we do Canada New England it will be with a larger family group, and we have some family who have never been to ME, and are looking very forward to it.