Cancelling and Repurchasing Cruise Essentials

Kiki

Good Morning, this is a question for experienced cruisers. I find myself cancelling and repurchasing internet, cruise excursions, and beverage packages ect... on the R.C. website due to a price drop or better offering. The folks that do billing at R.C. must think that I am nuts LOL! Is there a better way of doing this? 

Thank you for your insights :). 

1 hour ago, Kiki said:

Good Morning, this is a question for experienced cruisers. I find myself cancelling and repurchasing internet, cruise excursions, and beverage packages ect... on the R.C. website due to a price drop or better offering. The folks that do billing at R.C. must think that I am nuts LOL! Is there a better way of doing this? 

Thank you for your insights :). 

You aren't nuts, but the availability of a true discount depends upon your initial selections.  I usually book early and seldom see a true price reduction.

1 hour ago, ChessE4 said:

You aren't nuts, but the availability of a true discount depends upon your initial selections.  I usually book early and seldom see a true price reduction.

I am 70 some days away from my owners suite and I am passed the 90 day mark. So the cruise fare will remain the same. Next time I will definitely book sooner ;). Just never know if hubby can get the days off. 

On 11/3/2019 at 8:30 AM, ChessE4 said:

I usually book early and seldom see a true price reduction.

I have to say this makes me feel better;  I am a sucker for FOMO when I see so many re-pricing for X amount off their cruise or 'free' cabin upgrades; I reached out to my TA and he assured me there's very little chance that will happen for me as A. he gave me a group rated he as a TA gets on cabins and B. I booked early so there's a good chance the price won't go down. I still go and mock book to make sure every now and again but try to just be happy I got a great rate to begin with. 

I think the OP's original question had to do with re-pricing cruise essentials (ie cruise planner) items.  Matt's recommendation is always exactly that - purchase your items ASAP and then reprice when there is a sale or discount.  I found that joining your specific cruises's FB group is a good way to get alerted of CP price changes for your sailing.  It worked for me...