Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Procedure for opting out of adjusted cruise


Recommended Posts

So the Harmony will offer a Wed - Sun cruise due to the incoming hurricane but my parents are not going to be able to make it. What is the procedure for opting out? I know you could call but I think at the moment that would be a nightmare considering the volume of customers impacted and all calling in. Anyone who has experience, are there other options for them to cancel (website?). Do they automatically assume a “no show” since the itinerary was adjusted due to a natural disaster? Thanks for your help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

So the Harmony will offer a Wed - Sun cruise due to the incoming hurricane but my parents are not going to be able to make it. What is the procedure for opting out? I know you could call but I think at the moment that would be a nightmare considering the volume of customers impacted and all calling in. Anyone who has experience, are there other options for them to cancel (website?). Do they automatically assume a “no show” since the itinerary was adjusted due to a natural disaster? Thanks for your help. 

My wife read that Royal will send an e-mail with instructions.   We aren't scheduled until 8 September, but we don't know how next week's cruise will affect turnaround.  Therefore, we are also waiting to be informed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

My wife read that Royal will send an e-mail with instructions.   We aren't scheduled until 8 September, but we don't know how next week's cruise will affect turnaround.  Therefore, we are also waiting to be informed.

They already received the email and it leaves many loose ends. There’s no clear cut instructions on opting out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

They already received the email and it leaves many loose ends. There’s no clear cut instructions on opting out. 

That's too bad, and I am sorry you don't have more details.  It makes me wonder if Royal has it figured out.  I imagine their plans are changing daily.  I hope you get clarification soon.  We are awaiting news on our trip, which would follow on the 8th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I feel awful for anyone with plans in the Eastern Caribbean right now, as storm path is going to destroy many places including Cococay. We went thru AAA and have Insurance. Our ship sails in December, western Caribbean. PLEASE stay safe everyone! :100_pray: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

What is the procedure for opting out?

Calling is still the best answer. Give it past today, once the Mariner and Navigator folks are past decision time.

My concern with a "no-show" is it may not kick off the proper means of getting your FCC.  

I'd recommend putting phone on speaker and catching up on these message boards while the hold music plays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'd recommend putting phone on speaker and catching up on these message boards while the hold music plays.

I'm over forty minutes in...its continuous ads, I would kill for some regular crappy music at this point! 

Last night after feeling insulted by the Navigator 2 night sailing offer (not paying for airfare and using my limited PTO to have half a vacation to then have to fly again to use the other half of my missed trip) I tried to call their "24 hour line".  Even tried the line the RCtwitter person gave me...got the same "office is closed" answer and got disconnected. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

So what was the end result with them? Opt out with 100% FCC?

I know this wasn't for me but I figured I'd share.

Spent 2 hours and 18 minutes on the phone.  Maybe 8 of them speaking with a real person...the rest was repetitive ads.  (Did you know Jamie Oliver has restaurants with RC?  I will have nightmares about this)

Since I know that it is chaos down there I tried to be nice and joking with the people I spoke with.  The first RC person I spoke with wasn't helpful and didn't listen to me but she at least got things started.  Receiving 100% credit for the sailing to use at a later date and am getting money back for the drink package and excursion bought with my credit card.  There was still a sizable shortfall with my Air2Sea booking.  She said that was non refundable.  "Not acceptable, transfer me to someone who can help me".

Representative from Air2Sea was helpful and was able to get me a credit through the airline.  So now I will be calling them up to see what my options are, but at least I'm not being forced to make the choice of flying into a hurricane damaged area with no place to stay for a few days, or lose my money.  Once done with him I was transferred back to RC's line so I could confirm that my booking was in fact cancelled.  Come to find out the first person didn't even finish cancelling my booking and I fear I would have been on the hook if I didn't not ask for the confirmation.

Should be receiving the voucher around September 20th.

Good luck everyone!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...