Jump to content
sabarwolf

Freestyle Machines

Recommended Posts

We're sailing on Allure of the Seas in a couple weeks and have the Soda Package. I know there's at least three Freestyle machines, but could anyone clue me in as to how many there are and where they might be located?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should have one on the Promenade near Sorrentos..that is pretty typical for the Oasis class ships.  Windjammer will have a couple of them as well.  Then there should be some by the current Wipeout Cafe/future El Loco Fresh area on Deck 15.

Remember you can always get soda at any bar in a regular glass with your SeaPass card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so if we don't have our "cups" for the machines, we can ask for a glass of soda a (without spirits) at any bar and as long as it comes in a glass not a can it should be included in the price of the drink package?  just thinking we may not always have the "cups" with us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, devbak150 said:

so if we don't have our "cups" for the machines, we can ask for a glass of soda a (without spirits) at any bar and as long as it comes in a glass not a can it should be included in the price of the drink package?  just thinking we may not always have the "cups" with us. 

Yes..the soda package will be keyed to your SeaPass card and they'll see it when they swipe.  Most places will dispense the soda into a glass rather than give out the full can.  Some pour from cans, some have soda guns, some have fountains, and I've even seen them use two liters before.  Even with the cups if you get a drink at the bar they'll usually ask for your SeaPass anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FManke said:

Are these the standard size Freestyle machines? Do they have the same amount of varied drinks or do they have a limited amount of flavors? I've seen different versions on land.

They tend to be consistent across the fleet.  Sometimes one flavor is out and not resupplied immediately for a particular machine but generally speaking from ship to ship it's pretty consistent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, twangster said:

They tend to be consistent across the fleet.  Sometimes one flavor is out and not resupplied immediately for a particular machine but generally speaking from ship to ship it's pretty consistent.  

I've given up soda, so I'm more interested in the flavored Dasani waters, iced teas and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FManke said:

I've given up soda, so I'm more interested in the flavored Dasani waters, iced teas and such.

The same flavor concentrates are used to make all drinks, soda or water based.  Just different amounts.  Orange soda has a lot of orange concentrate.  A flavored water that has some orange component to it will use a fraction of the amount used to make Orange soda.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, twangster said:

The same flavor concentrates are used to make all drinks, soda or water based.  Just different amounts.  Orange soda has a lot of orange concentrate.  A flavored water that has some orange component to it will use a fraction of the amount used to make Orange soda.   

I also need to watch my sugar so that's good. Can't drink just plain water all the time. It's boring. Off the subject briefly, do the bars carry bottled sparkling water like San Pellegrino or Perrier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FManke said:

I also need to watch my sugar so that's good. Can't drink just plain water all the time. It's boring. Off the subject briefly, do the bars carry bottled sparkling water like San Pellegrino or Perrier?

Yes the bars will have bottled sparkling water.  And the machines have a variety of no sugar options to choose from that include Powerade Zero, flavored Dasani still and sparkling waters.  I don't recall tea being an option in the Freestyle machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...