1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

One day I shall experience this solo thing people speak of..whenever I plan a solo someone always invites themselves along.  Being a cheapskate, it's hard to turn down the financial benefit of splitting travel/accommodation costs..but I still want to sneak away.

After my divorce, I took a deep breath and went to London. All by myself. I was terrified as I'd never done anything alone before but OMG.

It. Was. Amazing.

I started to do all sorts of things by myself. Concerts. Boxing matches. At one point I was parking for a concert and realized no one in the car was complaining about where I was parking...

😮

I do have good friends whom I do stuff with but I like that at the end of the day I don't have to wait for anyone to have a good time or adventure. I can just go do it myself!

I'm now spoiled from traveling solo - when friends ask about coming I tell them fine,  but I'm not sharing a room. I'd love for anyone to join at any time but having a room to myself is my new favorite thing.

2 hours ago, JennyJenny said:

I do have good friends whom I do stuff with but I like that at the end of the day I don't have to wait for anyone to have a good time or adventure. I can just go do it myself!

100%

11 hours ago, ellcee said:

I echo all the travel agent stuff. I do my own research before I contact mine. My experience is the solo cabins are just slightly less than just paying for a double occupancy room. Let someone else do the work for you and find whatever discounts they can get you. @michelle is mine and a few others on this site if you'd like a recommendation.

thanks for the recommendation!  - just keep in mind too that some ships have SOLO cabins and they are priced without having the true double occupancy hit of extra money.  Many cruise lines do this as do River cruise lines, so always ask to look for ships with the single room option

50 minutes ago, michelle said:

thanks for the recommendation!  - just keep in mind too that some ships have SOLO cabins and they are priced without having the true double occupancy hit of extra money.  Many cruise lines do this as do River cruise lines, so always ask to look for ships with the single room option

I have friends that do a ton of river cruises on Tauck but that's a little more than I am looking to spend solo.

I hadn't seriously looked at river cruises as it seemed there wasn't much in my region and they were more for Europe.

Uniworld is the best for river cruises. They are beautiful and so relaxing.  Like ocean cruises you have to do a lot of research. It pays off tho. And a travel agent for is the way to go. We book or future cruises on board and then transfer them to our T.A. and get extra comps.