Jump to content
KenCP

PICTURE RESIZING FOR BLOG

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know what app to use for pictures so they are a uniform size to post to this blog? 

I may and try to blog while on Vision of the Seas as this small ship does not get a lot of airtime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, KenCP said:

Does anyone know what app to use for pictures so they are a uniform size to post to this blog? 

I may and try to blog while on Vision of the Seas as this small ship does not get a lot of airtime.

I still just throw them on and how.  However, I still can't get a profile pic to work instead of the circle M.  I can't wait for your blog!!!   And I will blog/scope too!  Jane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@KenCP, the mobile app @twangster recommended is simply called "Image Size". Not sure if there's something newer / better out there now, but it gets the job done and lets you add simple watermarks and other things to the image while editing. In my experience, it doesn't like adding watermarks to extremely large panoramic images; probably an issue with the max original image size it can handle and insert the text into on my older iPhone 6s Plus that doesn't have as much app memory available as the newer models have.

When I ran into the problem with the watermark, I would create that using Snapseed; save the edit as a new image in the camera roll, then you can have Image Size do the resizing with no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JLMoran said:

@KenCP, the mobile app @twangster recommended is simply called "Image Size". Not sure if there's something newer / better out there now, but it gets the job done and lets you add simple watermarks and other things to the image while editing. In my experience, it doesn't like adding watermarks to extremely large panoramic images; probably an issue with the max original image size it can handle and insert the text into on my older iPhone 6s Plus that doesn't have as much app memory available as the newer models have.

When I ran into the problem with the watermark, I would create that using Snapseed; save the edit as a new image in the camera roll, then you can have Image Size do the resizing with no problem.

Thank you @JLMoran!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KenCP said:

Does anyone know what app to use for pictures so they are a uniform size to post to this blog? 

I may and try to blog while on Vision of the Seas as this small ship does not get a lot of airtime.

When it comes to photography @JLMoran and @twangster are in a league of their own and I am not that talented but for what it is worth I used an android app called Photo and Picture Resizer. It was pretty user friendly and effective. The ads were not too bothersome.

image.png.c33d20284789326b6762a4113fde5902.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok... Was twangsters earlier post somewhere a how to?  I have no idea there steps.  Do you realize them somehow in the app, save them as extra pics the and then retrieve while writing the post?  Trying to figure out how much memory it would eat .. Though I guess it would be temporary because as soon as you upload you can delete the resized pics.   Or am I wrong and it's a one step process?  I can go look it up somewhere on the net, but hey, I still have one more day of vacation and a paperback still to read!!!!  Jane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mom2mybugs said:

Ok... Was Tanner's ltwangsters earlier post somewhere a how to?  I have no idea there steps.  Do you realize them somehow in the app, save them as extra pics the and then retrieve while writing the post?  Trying to figure out how much memory it would eat .. Though I guess it would be temporary because as soon as you upload you can delete the resized pics.   Or am I wrong and it's a one step process?  I can go look it up somewhere on the net, but hey, I still have one more day of vacation and a paperback still to read!!!!  Jane

With the Image Size app, you open the pictures one-by-one inside the app, optionally make any edits like putting in a watermark, enter the new size you want (just have to put in one number, the other is auto-calculated to keep it the same scale), and tap the Save button. The image is saved into your photo library as a duplicate so you don't lose your original one.

Then, like you said, just upload the resized photos to RCBlog and then delete them from your photo library once you see they uploaded without issues.

The only real complaint I have about that app is the fact that it doesn't have any ability to do batch resizing. If you've got a lot of pictures you want to post, it takes a while to get them all taken care of.

EDIT -- one thing I forgot to mention, which is a nice feature about this app, is that in its settings panel you can tell it not to copy the EXIF data from the original photo. Doing this will strip out all of the identifying information like the date, the geotag, kind of camera, etc. So you can post and not worry that someone will look at that info and figure out where you live from that pic of your semi-packed luggage you posted, or that you're definitely away from home right now because the date is from yesterday and shows you were still overseas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to follow this up with one more recommendation -- There is an app called "Crop-Resize", costs $5 and has a lot of nice features that Image Resize doesn't:

  • First, it does do batch resizing and processing of photos
  • It also allows you to save a set of sizing changes / crops / filters as a "Program" that you can then apply instantly to any group of photos
  • When browsing your photo library, the app identifies your landscape orientation photos with a gray rectangle below the picture, so you can quickly tell them apart from your portrait orientation photos and only select pics with the same orientation for batch resizing
  • Makes the new copies with current date and time (as long as you set that option), so they show up last in your library and you're not trying to figure out which copy is the resized one and which is the original

Unfortunately, the one thing it's missing a watermarking feature. If you want to watermark your photos like @twangster and @CGTLH and I and several others do, and you want to do it on your phone, you'll have to either use the one-at-a-time Image Resizer, or use this app with another app like eZy Watermark lite - Photo that can do batch watermarking (with an in-app purchase), although you'll have to deal with some image loss as you create multiple copies of the JPEG file, not to mention the extra storage taken up by the extra copies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Going to follow this up with one more recommendation -- There is an app called "Crop-Resize", costs $5 and has a lot of nice features that Image Resize doesn't:

  • First, it does do batch resizing and processing of photos
  • It also allows you to save a set of sizing changes / crops / filters as a "Program" that you can then apply instantly to any group of photos
  • When browsing your photo library, the app identifies your landscape orientation photos with a gray rectangle below the picture, so you can quickly tell them apart from your portrait orientation photos and only select pics with the same orientation for batch resizing
  • Makes the new copies with current date and time (as long as you set that option), so they show up last in your library and you're not trying to figure out which copy is the resized one and which is the original

Unfortunately, the one thing it's missing a watermarking feature. If you want to watermark your photos like @twangster and @CGTLH and I and several others do, and you want to do it on your phone, you'll have to either use the one-at-a-time Image Resizer, or use this app with another app like eZy Watermark lite - Photo that can do batch watermarking (with an in-app purchase), although you'll have to deal with some image loss as you create multiple copies of the JPEG file, not to mention the extra storage taken up by the extra copies.

I like the batch plan.  Nobody wants to copy my photos and sell them lol.  I think I will look at this.  I need to figure out how to use my canon camera to WiFi share as well.  I have a feeling I will run out of room in my phone camera by day 2 of Europe lol!  I have Dropbox but I just worry about dumping pics until after I load in my external hard drive at home.  I lost about 3 years of my kids lives on my computer and now I'm extremely paranoid lol!  Thanks Joe for your help!   Jane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mom2mybugs said:

  I lost about 3 years of my kids lives on my computer and now I'm extremely paranoid lol! 

That stinks and I understand your fear, but just know that the memories you made over that time and the bonding you just reinforced on the cruise cannot be replaced by any ink, paper or digital photos. Ya done good, Momma Jane!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

I like the batch plan.  Nobody wants to copy my photos and sell them lol.  I think I will look at this.  I need to figure out how to use my canon camera to WiFi share as well.  I have a feeling I will run out of room in my phone camera by day 2 of Europe lol!  I have Dropbox but I just worry about dumping pics until after I load in my external hard drive at home.  I lost about 3 years of my kids lives on my computer and now I'm extremely paranoid lol!  Thanks Joe for your help!   Jane

I use the google photo to backup my pictures from the phone , but you will need WIFI for that. regarding the canon , there is a memory card that comes with internal WIFI if your camera dose not support it already.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Traveler said:

I use the google photo to backup my pictures from the phone , but you will need WIFI for that. regarding the canon , there is a memory card that comes with internal WIFI if your camera dose not support it already.  

Yes I do the memory card but then I don't have a way to load them onto the blog easily and I have lost a while camera before on my trip to Utah... With the memory card in it.  Fortunately that trip we traveled with friends!! Jane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...