Limbo....Cuba!!!!

Unfortunately the app doesn't support Empress of the Seas...  Cruise Planner now shows the voyage as:  5 Night Key West & Cozumel Cruise - no third port listed.  I did see the message about a full refund or 50% credit.  I sincerely appreciate that RCCL is dong the right thing by offering the best options available to them to try and satisfy customers .  For that we will book the next cruise from them.  Hopefully using the 50% credit and if we are lucky a little money from the travel insurance as well.  100% going with no flight, and cruising out of Boston or New York to Bermuda on a much larger vessel.

The hard part of this situation for us is that we can't recoup enough of the other spends to make it worth canceling and reschedule a vacation that we'd really WANT to go on, so we will likely make due with what this has become.  I can't get a full week off work very easily, so we'd have to push the whole thing out a year, and I've have spent significant money on non refundable things (including renewing our wedding vows in Key West next Tuesday) to make this vacation happen to the point that canceling and losing the money just doesn't make sense .   Hopefully the trip surprises us and we don't come back as disappointed as I feel right now.  

2 hours ago, bcarney said:

Our 7/17 sailing now has Costa Maya - which means I'll be able to go to Maya Chan again! ? Woot!

As of yesterday, apparently maya chan is unswimmable and allegedly smells like sewage according to reviews. We're stuck trying to figure out what to do in Costa maya since we were just there in September. Not happy

3 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Here's June 15 majesty....

My October itinerary looks pretty much the same now. 

I'm doing a double dip to Nassau in September on Navigator.  A 3rd visit to Nassau a few weeks later is too much for me so I cancelled my Majesty sailing.  My plans had included a cruise on Vision then sliding over to Majesty so I cancelled Vision too.  Thankfully they were fully refundable so no harm, no foul.   

Lost my insurance costs though.  This time having insurance didn't pay.  

This thread has been locked due to continued political discussion, abrasive discord, and personal attacks.  For more information on changes in itineraries due to new Cuba travel restrictions, please check https://RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com and https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/06/05/royal-caribbean-cancels-all-scheduled-visits-cuba