Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: June 14, 2020
Happy Sunday! We hope you are having a great weekend and ready to talk a little Royal Caribbean.
The big cruise news this week was Royal Caribbean's announcement that it has postponed indefinitely its upcoming Royal Amplification projects.
Four ships had upgrades scheduled this year and next year, but those are now on hold until further notice.
While technical dry docks may still occur (where the propulsion and necessary maintenance upgrades take place), new features, activities and amenities will not be added as scheduled for Allure of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas and Adventure of the Seas.
Despite the news, Royal Caribbean says they still plan to complete the delayed cruise ship makeovers at a later date.
Royal Caribbean News
- Allure of the Seas will not sail from Galveston in winter 2021-2022.
- Three ships will sail from Australia in 2021-2022.
- Could this be the eMuster functionality we think is coming to cruise ships?
- Royal Caribbean pushes back China sailings return & cancels Denmark cruises.
- You can now use a Future Cruise Credit to pay for a Royal Caribbean cruise deposit.
- Royal Caribbean provided an update on how many crew members it has repatriated.
- The top ten Royal Caribbean questions people are searching for on Google.
- Five lessons I've learned from all of these cancelled cruises.
- Latest Odyssey of the Seas construction photo update.
- Navigator of the Seas tips & best things to do.
- How do you get free drink packages on Royal Caribbean?
- US Passport service is starting to resume again.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
In this episode, Donna tells us about her family Olympics idea that she incorporated into a Radiance of the Seas cruise as an ongoing activity the family was able to enjoy throughout the cruise.
What I wish I'd known before I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise
There are so many times in life that we wish we could go back in time and change what we did based on what we know now, including avoiding mistakes on a cruise ship.
Looking back on the cruises I have taken, I compiled the top things I wish I knew before I ever got onboard any Royal Caribbean ship.
Learn from what I have learned over the past few years, and check out these tips for avoiding common cruise mistakes.