Which to choose, Harmony or Oasis?

Need to decide ASAP on either Oasis of the Seas or Harmony of the Seas for late August cruise. Same itinerary.

Harmony is considerably more expensive, which is not a problem if the difference in the two ships is worth it. 

Also, is the solarium better on Oasis? What about the shows?

We are active seniors going to celebrate 50th anniversary.

Both are great ships with subtle differences.

Grease on Harmony, Cats on Oasis.

Oasis solarium has a small pool, Harmony doesn't.

Harmony uses Wow bands, Oasis doesn't.

Oasis was the 1st in that class and has been updated since 1st sailing in 2009.  Harmony is the 3rd newest ship in the fleet having first sailed in 2015 and 3rd in the Oasis class line. 

Harmony has water slides and a dry slide (The Ultimate Abyss).  Oasis doesn't have these. 

Other than that, they are the same basic layout.  I've sailed both and have a future booking on Oasis.  I'd sail either any day.

EDIT - welcome to the forum!

Oasis sails out of Port Canaveral, Harmony from Fort Lauderdale.  If flying in, transfers are slightly easier in Fort Lauderdale.

23 minutes ago, Doris said:

Need to decide ASAP on either Oasis of the Seas or Harmony of the Seas for late August cruise. Same itinerary.

Harmony is considerably more expensive, which is not a problem if the difference in the two ships is worth it. 

Also, is the solarium better on Oasis? What about the shows?

We are active seniors going to celebrate 50th anniversary.

Maybe this video might help too...

I think it boils down to some basic considerations....

Price : I'm betting Oasis is cheaper. If not, edge to Harmony for simply being newer.

Water slides: Harmony has 'em and Oasis does not.  Does that matter to you?

Embarkation port: Port Canaveral or Fort Lauderdale. Does it make a difference?

Most reviews say Cats is boring. This is one of the deciding factors. 

Also have seen great footage of the aqua show on Harmony. Is there a comparable one on Oasis?

Very interested in the shows. Are they as good on Oasis as on Harmony?

"Grease on Harmony, Cats on Oasis."   Is Grease a reason to go Harmony?

"Oasis solarium has a small pool, Harmony doesn't."  how much of a deal breaker is this if you want to utilize the Solarium?

"Harmony uses Wow bands, Oasis doesn't."  What, please, is a Wow band?

thanks

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I think it boils down to some basic considerations....

Price : I'm betting Oasis is cheaper. If not, edge to Harmony for simply being newer.

Water slides: Harmony has 'em and Oasis does not.  Does that matter to you?

Embarkation port: Port Canaveral or Fort Lauderdale. Does it make a difference?

Harmony is about $800 more for large balcony. Slides don't really matter as we are likely to break something. Ha 

flying  from Texas so embarkation port not really a factor.

i guess what we're contemplating is:

Solarium, importance of pool or not. Jamie's restaurant or not. Is Harmony $800 better than Oasis?

15 minutes ago, Doris said:

i guess what we're contemplating is:

Solarium, importance of pool or not. Jamie's restaurant or not. Is Harmony $800 better than Oasis?

Pool in Solarium...it will be August...super hot...is it important to you to have a place to cool off in the Solarium and how much time will you spend there??

Jamie's vs. Giovanni's - maybe look at menus (on the menu section of these boards) and see what appeals to you more?

Harmony is newer...decor, furniture etc.  Royal keeps their ships up to date but I've been reading reports here and there of Oasis starting to show it's age.  Is that important?  Maybe, maybe not.  Depends on the person.

Also, I know you said point of embarkation is not really an issue but it is a longer distance and more hassle to travel from airport to PC vs. airport to PE.

If it were me, I would spend $800 more for Harmony.  And I don't ride the slides either. lol  We have sailed Oasis, Allure, and Harmony now, and (personal opinion here), Harmony is the best one.  I preferred all the shows on Harmony vs. Oasis.  I love sailing out of PE and I would rather sail the newer ship.  But again, it's totally a personal preference.  Both of those ships are great ships.  You can't really go wrong with either one.

19 minutes ago, Doris said:

Thank you all for your responses. Special thanks to Lovetocruise2002. You said the right words. Harmony it will be.

Lol...full disclosure...my opinion is 100% biased and I'm a huge Oasis class fan. I will shamelessly promote that class of ships to all who will listen ?

Glad we were able to help you decide.  Feel free to ask anything else. You have found a great resource here in these boards. Many awesome and knowledgeable people here.  We just sailed Harmony last August and going on her again this coming March. I can't wait!

One more thing...this is a wow band

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/questions/what-wow-band

I think I would go with Harmony, but considering the $800 of savings I don't think you can go wrong either way. They are so similar but Harmony has so many nice little additions that make it really appealing. Either way I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

19 hours ago, Doris said:

What about the shows?

In addition to Grease Harmony also has Columbus the Musical. I have never seen it but have heard great things and can't wait to see it.

15 hours ago, Doris said:

Jamie's restaurant or not. Is Harmony $800 better than Oasis?

If specialty dining is your thing Harmony also has a Wonderland. I don't think there is one on Oasis. Also the Izumi on Harmony has a hibachi option which I am not sure exists on Oasis. Maybe someone else could confirm that.