Trivia Q - Which Ship Has/Had This Diamond Lounge?

twangster

@CGTLH are you saying it was the DL on Oasis and Allure? Because on Allure the lounge now over looks the Boardwalk, you look right down at the Carousel, I was just on her in October.

If so I wish they never would have moved it, that would be awesome to sit up on a deck like that and be able to have a drink and watch people stroll by...

18 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

@CGTLH are you saying it was the DL on Oasis and Allure? Because on Allure the lounge now over looks the Boardwalk, you look right down at the Carousel, I was just on her in October.

If so I wish they never would have moved it, that would be awesome to sit up on a deck like that and be able to have a drink and watch people stroll by...

Correct, was the DL. Where the DL is now on Oasis and Allure it was the CL (concierge lounge). Never been in the old DL, from what I understood it was very limited in space.

9 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I'm so confused.  If that was the old DL on Oasis then why in @twangster's original post does it say Mariner?  Is this part of the refurb for Mariner?

RC marketing at its finest.  You and 20 million RC customers are equally confused as they look at RC's website and research each ship.

The issue is that when you begin to explore any ship on RC's website, certain venues are represented using stock photos from one or two ships.     

Indy has a solarium bar but it looks nothing like this solarium bar which is from an Oasis class ship.  Yet this photo is used to represent solariums bars across the fleet:

5a723d506fbdc_indysolariumb.jpeg.447ea265f2b28f81173e1b2e8b550b49.jpeg

55 minutes ago, twangster said:

RC marketing at its finest.  You and 20 million RC customers are equally confused as they look at RC's website and research each ship.

The issue is that when you begin to explore any ship on RC's website, certain venues are represented using stock photos from one or two ships.     

Indy has a solarium bar but it looks nothing like this solarium bar which is from an Oasis class ship.  Yet this photo is used to represent solariums bars across the fleet:

Well, that's pretty deceiving.  Just like the buy one get one 50% off drink packages.

CGTLH is correct....That is the old DL on Oasis class ships.   It was a joke.  During Happy Hour you couldn't get within 50 yards of the entrance.  Later they moved it to where it is now...overlooking the boardwalk.  It is much easier to get a seat now.

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

Except on Harmony and it appears also Symphony, it is on deck 4 up front close to the theater by the Jazz club, very small and no view.

Yes, it is a very dreary and uninspiring space on Harmony.  I was only in there once and have no interest in ever going back.  Dan and I met our Genie there before going into the ice show.  I felt like I was in a crypt.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, it is a very dreary and uninspiring space on Harmony.  I was only in there once and have no interest in ever going back.  Dan and I met our Genie there before going into the ice show.  I felt like I was in a crypt.

Some of us who don't get Genies on Harmony have no choice but to slum it in the diamond lounge crypt.  I suspect unfortunately Symphony will be the same.  

34 minutes ago, twangster said:

I suspect unfortunately Symphony will be the same.

Looking at the floor plans online it looks like it is in the same place, I really like the location on the Freedom class, good view out of the windows, doesn't make you feel claustrophobic, the location on Allure is not bad, but if they install Wonderland's on all Oasis class ships that will probably go away.

@twangster did you write that on Anthem they moved the diamond lounge? I tried to find the thread but was not successful. I looked on Cruise Deck plans (Old and new plans) and didn't even see one listed.

31 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

@twangster did you write that on Anthem they moved the diamond lounge? I tried to find the thread but was not successful. I looked on Cruise Deck plans (Old and new plans) and didn't even see one listed.

It's there on Anthem, it's even one of the three diamond lounge photos featured on the RCI website besides the two photos above. In fact its the only photo of an actual Diamond Club on the RC website that still exists.

5a7cb3c3534f4_anthemdclubdeck5.jpeg.925bca33845df40a68c1b4c8d2fce68a.jpeg

5a7cb42525520_dclubanthem.jpeg.75e17c688c7c949f0a04cc6a9341e7bf.jpeg

Deck 5 starboard near the entrance to the Royal Theater.  It overflows into the music hall during happy hour.  It used to consume almost the entire second floor of the Music Hall during overflow hours but they started scaling that back to consume roughly half of the Music Hall 2nd floor during overflow hours.  They may vary it based on diamond population on board.  There were over a 1,000 D/D+ on board Anthem in December.  There are a lot of guests in the Northeast who sail Anthem on a regular basis since it's local.  Those are the ones crying for the entertainment to change.   

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Deck 5 starboard near the entrance to the Royal Theater.  It overflows into the music hall during happy hour.  It used to consume almost the entire second floor of the Music Hall during overflow hours but they started scaling that back to consume roughly half of the Music Hall 2nd floor during overflow hours.

My bad, you were saying music hall and my brain was translating that to "270" so I was looking around at the back of the ship. I won't be on Anthem until the group cruise in July 2019 so I have a while. I've got Liberty and Freedom coming up this year so I have two great Diamond lounges to look forward to.

7 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

My bad, you were saying music hall and my brain was translating that to "270" so I was looking around at the back of the ship. I won't be on Anthem until the group cruise in July 2019 so I have a while. I've got Liberty and Freedom coming up this year so I have two great Diamond lounges to look forward to.

They often have chicken wings (different flavor each night) in the diamond lounge on Anthem.  That with happy hour beer has been dinner on more than one occasion.   While it doesn't have floor to ceiling windows like the clubs that reside in the Viking Crown, on Anthem the club has round windows and pool tables in the music hall make it a pretty good diamond lounge.

4 minutes ago, LetsTryThisTech said:

I can't wait to be diamond. Just a few more to go, you know like 64 more points after March's cruise  :4_joy: 

Here is the sales pitch to practice for your wife:

"If I go on cruises solo, I get 2 x C&A points.  Since you are my wife, your status will become diamond when mine does.  So I'm going to take one for our team and go cruising solo so we can both be Diamond faster"

Good luck!

Just now, KLAconQueso said:

We'll see you there!

Awesome, missed you last year on Allure, can't figure out why? 6000+ other passengers!

I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of people on the blog, I took the group cruise so I could get the extra points I needed for D+, unfortunately I will hit 175 points after the group cruise though.

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

"If I go on cruises solo, I get 2 x C&A points.  Since you are my wife, your status will become diamond when mine does.  So I'm going to take one for our team and go cruising solo so we can both be Diamond faster"

Good luck!

Haha, don't think she'd go for that. She'd say something like "Alright then I will take one for the team and travel instead." She gets way more vacation then I do so ya sucks for me lol, (although I will already be 8 points ahead of her :35_thinking::35_thinking:) lol

Just now, LetsTryThisTech said:

Haha, don't think she'd go for that. She'd say something like "Alright then I will take one for the team and travel instead." She gets way more vacation then I do so ya sucks for me lol, (although I will already be 8 points ahead of her :35_thinking::35_thinking:) lol

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Sounds like an excuse for a cruise before the GC.

Actually, my grand plan is for afterwards, we will be hopefully taking a South Pacific cruise in early 2020 for our 40th wedding anniversary and I wanted to be D+ for that, heck from a cost stand point the cruise will be painless, she won't fly that far unless we fly Business class, so airfare is what is going to kill me, 2 Business class ticket to Sydney please, $$$$.

I will get my Crystal ship? this year on Freedom, not my first choice but won't be bad.

34 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Awesome, missed you last year on Allure, can't figure out why? 6000+ other passengers!

I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of people on the blog, I took the group cruise so I could get the extra points I needed for D+, unfortunately I will hit 175 points after the group cruise though.

Very nice! The way we are scheduling things for next year, Anthem will be our last cruise before Diamond! 

Definitely sad we missed you guys on Allure, but looking forward to officially meeting you on Anthem!

8 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

That's another excuse to book a cruise before the GC, so that you can join everyone in the Diamond Lounge!

GCs are a good excuse for a drink package.  With many folks (inc. diamonds) with the DP on GCs the bars and the pub are much better hangouts that don't exclude anyone in the group.  

18 hours ago, twangster said:

Good luck!

So I gave the pitch, she told me if I do a solo cruise she gets to do her own trip too lol. Now would the bank account allow for it :35_thinking: lol